Help needed with XP 105

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sat May 14, 2005 10:24 am

I got my XP 105 today and I really like it. There is just one thing I am having trouble with. I can't get it on the riot blast nozzle. I tried to unsrew the main nozzle to reveal it but it just wouldn't unscrew. It looks like it can be taken off and then put back on again but I don't know how. Have I got to use a lot of force to do it? I don't want to ruin it. Perhaps it was not used from the person I bought it from so it is harder to get off. Please help.

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sat May 14, 2005 10:53 am

With my friend's XP 105, we tried to unscrew it by hand, but it would not come open. Although supposedly it is meant to, it didn't look like it wanted to come off. You could try using a spanner on it (it does appear like you could use one, with the two flat sides), but I don't know whether that will break it. We gave up in the end, him not wanting to break it.
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sat May 14, 2005 11:00 am

Yeah, I'm the same. My dad has a pair of good gripping pliers that can grip the flat sides very well. But I don't want to risk trying it in case I may break it. Its just that the reviews say that it had a riot blast. Perhaps some versions don't have one. I was looking forward to seeing the riot blast as well.

EDIT - I have just noticed on some of the reviews of the gun that say that it does have the riot blast nozzle on the picture of the gun has a yellow ring round it on the fake pressure tank. The ring round mine is red so this could be a difference in marks. I think I have got the mark where there is no riot blast. The good thing is that I am getting another XP 105 hopefully next week which I ordered of eBay a few weeks ago. So hopefully if I am right it will be a yellow ring so hopefully it may have the riot blast. I so want to see it.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat May 14, 2005 2:24 pm

The riot blast nozzle on the XP 150 isn't very impressive. I would imagine that the XP 105's wouldn't be either. There likely is a difference in the marks that was undocumented until now, similar to the difference versions of the XP 150 with and without a riot blast nozzle.

On my XP 150, I had to use quite an amount of grip to get the nozzle off! Inside was a mesh screen and an O-ring. If the other type of XP 105 has a similar nozzle, do not lose those pieces. ;)

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sat May 14, 2005 2:33 pm

Hey thanks Doom. I applied a bit more force and it came off. I must admit that I quite like the riot blast nozzle IMO. It will help with surprise attacks on enemies. Also I think it is quite cool to look at.

death angel

Post by death angel » Sun May 15, 2005 11:11 am

My XP 105 is broken really badly. Whenever I pump water spills out, giving it a range of about 6 feet. It's cool that yours works, though.
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Sun May 15, 2005 11:52 am

Thanks. I think I know the problem with yours. When it pumps and shoots water it means that the valve can't take anymore. It won't open and close anymore. I think you have got to put rubber bands around the valve or something so it can open and close not letting water out when you pump. Then hopefully your problem will be fixed and your XP 105 should be working again. Its a great gun. I just used it now in the first water gun fight of the season for me. It served me pretty well since my opponent had my XXP 275. :)

death angel

Post by death angel » Sun May 15, 2005 9:05 pm

Yeah, you were right the valve was broken. I opened my XP 105 with some difficulty (darn rusty nails :P ), and was going to use Pepper's spring repair, but I couldn't find a suitable spring. So I decided with two rubber bands (incase one of them falls off or snaps.) While my 105 was open I did kind of did an XPS (it's my type of mod - a really easy one), but only added 12 balloons, because I like long shot times. When I put it back together, my problem was fixed. My trigger was a bit hard to pull, but manageable. Also the 1/2 XPS mod worked out really well, it felt a quite a bit more powerful than before (especially on riotblast B) ) , with a only semi-noticble drop in shot time. I would definitely recommend you do this mod, WildBoys and anyone else. Also, thanks Doom for posting the mod in the Tech section.
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Mon May 16, 2005 3:47 pm

Glad to see your XP 105 alive again. I am considering putting balloons in the pressure chamber like you said. It seems to be able to make it better. Since I am getting another XP 105 soon I have not got much to loose. I will also gain more power in the gun. Would it increase range? Thanks. :P

death angel

Post by death angel » Mon May 16, 2005 9:01 pm

Yes, I got a range increase of maybe 6-7+ feet. But the major difference is that there is less dropoff, and the stream of water is more powerful and juicier. The results might be even more pronounced with 20 balloons, but I didn't do that because that would probably reduce shot time by quite a bit. Also, the riot blast, which is already pretty good, becomes pretty powerful with the XPS mod.
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Mon May 16, 2005 9:03 pm

Hmmm. May try it soon. :)