i need more water guns what should i get?

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
sogoie

i need more water guns what should i get?

Post by sogoie » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:12 pm

name's sogoie i have 1 problem. I NEED MORE WATERGUNS. i know i want get the moster xl but in Indiana i cant find one, only super soaker water guns. I CAN ONLY ONLY GET WATER GUNS THAT ARE AT TOYS R US and that are 2006 and mabey 05. What should i get. oh 1 more thing I already have a Flashflood Max-I and a Max-I Arctic Shock with a Max-I aqua pak. please list the prices also.

sogoie

Post by sogoie » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:16 pm

i am the team leader and my armory already consist of 27 waterwarfare grenades and thats not changing. is this enough guns?

DX

Post by DX » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:04 am

Please listen to other members and especially mods! Do I really have tell you "don't double post" and "fix that grammar" for a 3rd time? Do you know what mods on most forums do with members who ignore 1st warnings, never mind 3? If you actually listened and cleaned up your posts, people would answer your questions instead of lecturing on grammar.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm

Your grammar is appalling. So, as part of a punishment, you must sift through my complaints and solutions to find the answers.

However, if you don't read the suggestions, and take them into account, I will stop posting answers to your questions until you have done so.
(I am a regular contributor, you do not want to lose my input here.)
  • When joining/rejoining a forum, always act humbly - always believe that almost everyone knows better. Example: Do not say things to the effect of:
    dude my armory is so awesome you don't want to hear about it.
    That is never the case.
  • Please do not use text language like "1 more thing" the forum does not charge for extra letters - texts do.
  • Do not capitalise whole sentences. It is annoying and is seen as shouting. In truth bold text is more effective
  • We know who you are, we can see your member name - don't tell us.
  • Use the spell checker. You see the button two places to the right of "submit post" - use that before the sumbit post button.
  • Use post previews if in doubt - the button one to the right.
  • Don't double post - edit into your last one.
  • Capitalise proper nouns, I and sentence beginnings.
  • Use commas and full stops properly. Use question marks as well to emphasise questions - it makes it easier to see what you are asking
  • Use the return key. Posts with paragraphs are annoying.
  • Read the forum rules
  • Proof read your post.
Example:
i know i want get the moster xl but in Indiana i cant find one, only super soaker water guns
This should be:
I know I want to want to get the Monster XL, but in Indiana, I can't find one, only Soaker Tag water guns

I have flagged corrections in bold - The Monster XL was a Super Soaker, the Super Soakers in shops today are of the Soaker Tag variety.
  • Learn the appropriate terms.
The Monster XL has not been made in years. It will only be available on ebay. Anyway, it is massively overrated - it was too large and heavy.

If you can get them, two of the better guns of recent years were the Aquapack Devastator and the Triple Aggressor (this is rather old [2004] and may not be available)

And the most important rule of all:
  • IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO POST IN AN EXISTING THREAD THAN START AN NEW ONE. (HOWEVER, THE POST MUST BE APPROPRAITE TO THE THREAD)
Make sure you learn that one. And for your knowledge I previewed this thread five times, proof read twice and performed a spell check.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:16 pm

Get some Water Warriors guns. Why get an Overload for $30 when you can get a Hydra Pak or a Blazer for $20 each? Water Warriors will get you more for your money. I don't believe TRU carries any "good" WW guns, but surely there's a K-mart, Wal-mart, Target, or something around your area, where you can find WW guns. Or try Amazon. They have several good WW guns.
EV Nova: - http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/
"A CPS 2000 10th anniversary edition! I'll buy two, one to keep, and one to use!" *Takes 'em home, opens one, fills it, and pumps it up.* -"snap!"- "A Max-D trigger!""

Peter MJ

Post by Peter MJ » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:38 pm

"APPROPRAITE" Joanna?

Whether this is part of the text from the f.a.q. (if so, strange that such a typo was overlooked) or not does not really matter. I don’t want to sound as a bore, just don't boast about spell checks and proof readings, as typing mistakes are often easily overlooked, especially if it is late and you’re tired. I agree that sogoie’s posts are awful, and judging from the oddly put questions the poster seriously needs to learn a thing or two, yet some of these “warnings” that seem to accompany this “type” of posts can be just as annoying as the original offense. Whether the best strategy is to jump onto it or simply ignore it is something I don’t want to go into. In effect, if everyone were to read the rules it would simply not be necessary at all. Just be careful at what exactly you reply to such posts. As these forums are generally not among those with the highest participation rate, you most certainly want to avoid coming across as arrogant, no matter how annoyed you are at the offense, as to avoid putting off people. Always remember that the behavior of especially senior members, moderators and administrators severely impacts how the forum is perceived and that there are people around that do not share your high intelligence. Correctly handling such matters is thus highly advisable.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:21 am

And... locked. This was a stupid topic with flaming replies.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci