Tiger shark leak?

General water gun discussion.
Covert

Tiger shark leak?

Post by Covert » Thu May 22, 2008 3:22 pm

Hey everyone, basically i recently got a water warriors tiger shark, and i've noticed that it leaks from the bottom sometimes (there are some holes built in the bottom for some reason), i was wondering if this is normal, as the holes are there for some purpose right?

Thanks.

Drenchenator

Re: Tiger shark leak?

Post by Drenchenator » Thu May 22, 2008 3:35 pm

Welcome to Super Soaker Central!

I don't believe it's supposed to do that. Most guns have a relief valve that sends pumped water back into the reservoir if the pressure is deemed too high. It should leak from this. Does the gun seem to operate well enough? It could just be a loose connection somewhere in the gun.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

Covert

Post by Covert » Thu May 22, 2008 3:43 pm

It does seem to work ok its just got a drip at the bottom which is quite annoying. I thought it was a loose connection. Is there anything i can do about it, as i bought it online it would be a hassle to return. Also when it gets to a high pressure it makes VERY loud noises when you pump, should that happen?

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Thu May 22, 2008 3:49 pm

Yes, it should make those noises. That is the relief valve working, making sure that the pressure doesn't get too high. I don't know how loud this particular gun is supposed to be, but most make at least some noise when the relief valve is activated.

If you want to check all of the connections, just open the gun and check them. That's the only thing you can do to fix this.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

Covert

Post by Covert » Thu May 22, 2008 3:59 pm

Thanks for the info, but i think i'll try to return it to the store if theyll accept that. The screws are tight and to be honest i cant be bothered to try and fix something that is the manufacturers fault (may void warranty?).

Cheers anyway.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu May 22, 2008 5:17 pm

There's no warranties on water guns from what I know. People definitely have returned opened and modified water guns before too. I think it comes down to whether or not the store will accept a water gun or not. A defective water gun obviously isn't worth any more than an opened and broken one. Returning seems like the best option and that's why we suggest it on our repairs page for newer water guns.

By the way, welcome to SSC. ;)

Covert

Post by Covert » Thu May 22, 2008 5:45 pm

Thanks alot, i guess ill try an exchange.