Cps 2100

General water gun discussion.
DX

Post by DX » Wed May 26, 2004 1:16 am

On the site review, one of the setbacks that is mentioned quite a bit is that it is hard to pump. Before the k-mod mine was easier to pump than any of the soakers I have or have used before. It can be pumped at double the rate of the 4100. Also, the pumping doesn't take that long at all. I used to get 4.5 shots out of the reservoir instead of 3.5. I highly recommend that if you have a 2100, k-mod it. 16.5 shots out of the reservoir, 55ft range, and more power are definately worth the trouble of opening it up and the such. Power can be maxed out with only 4 pumps-a huge advantage over other [regular] saokers. The pump gets incredibly stiff, so Don't do it if your arm strength isnt that good. You Don't even really need to reinforce the valves. Ive pumped mine to 15 and nothing gave. [that was before I learned that 4 is enough] Of course there will be some idiot who will keep pumping and pumping, and pumping away. Only reinforce the internals if you lack commen sense, otherwise, there should be no problems with parts giving. Just know when to Stop pumping.
<edit> grammer
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed May 26, 2004 1:22 am

I figured that it must not take many pumps. Before my 12k exploded (on the 3rd pump) I noticed that I could barely pump it.
How many balloons did you use? I used 65 :D
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

DX

Post by DX » Wed May 26, 2004 1:24 am

I used 68, there would have been 72 but 4 of the balloons broke.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed May 26, 2004 1:32 am

Same, I broke 5. It was very hard for me, cuz I used 9" balloons. Never use 9" balloons. How lare did you drill your nozzle? My biggest drill bit is only 5 mm.
BlueSoak.net

DX

Post by DX » Wed May 26, 2004 1:36 am

o, I didn't drill the nozzle. Does drilling it increase the x? I would think it would, but a larger nozzle would mean pressure would be lost as the stream is being shot.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed May 26, 2004 2:18 am

Acording to isoaker underground, if you do a large powermod, you need to drill the nozzle, otherwise the stream will break up. Also on a very powerful gun, it is possible, that the full power is not even being reached if you are forcing through a small nozzle. You might want to go a little bigger. If the gun does have more potential the range could even increase!
BlueSoak.net

Hyper_9

Post by Hyper_9 » Wed May 26, 2004 3:36 am

you are not supposed to say that Blue... In case you didn't know, thats supposed to be a frickin SECRET!
Offical DMOZ Editor of "Recreation: Guns: Toy: Water Guns"
Soak On
HYPERACTIVE 4 EVER!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed May 26, 2004 10:01 am

I would completely redo the nozzle with stuff to make it like in my homemade's one, so you can have multiple nozzle settings. That way you could have a normal shot and a big shot. Maybe a small shot too. ;) I'll find some pics showing how to do it later.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed May 26, 2004 11:57 pm

It takes too long to unscrew PVC caps. Plus you have to store them in your pocket. IF you have more than 2, then you have to sort through them.
[at]Hyper 9. No I didn't know. I made up the part about why you are suposed to drill it. Just seemed logical. You are kidding right?
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu May 27, 2004 1:16 am

Really? You could glue them all together, making one big thing that has several nozzles on it. And it doesn't take that long to screw them on anyway, it is slower than a normal nozzle selector, but not that much.

Why do you always have to argue with people? Most of your replies are defense to someone pointing out someting about you.

DX

Post by DX » Thu May 27, 2004 1:23 am

I am most likely going to drill the nozzle. How large would you recommend? [diameter] I think that im not getting the full potential power as the stream is strong but breaks up. I would risk breaking it to increase the range, the max is already 58 ft and maybe if I drill it will be extended.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu May 27, 2004 10:03 am

I don't think that you should drill a larger nozzle if it gets 58 feet. Not all the time does drilling a nozzle make it have a better range. Drilling a nozzle will decrease your shot time too. I would keep it as it is.

DX

Post by DX » Thu May 27, 2004 11:13 pm

Its too late-I already did it. if only you had posted that a little sooner. I didn't know my shot time was going to drop by 1/2. The range wasnt affected, but there is more output. If I could take it back, I would, as I sacrificed half my shot time for more output. The mesh netting in the nozzle was damaged, so maybe that might have affected it in some way? I could actually take it back by replacing the nozzle with one from my neighbor's 2100. His is "broken" [the cap is broken, it still works fine.] I could use that nozzle which is untouched and interject it onto my gun. In that way I could get the shot time back. What should I do?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri May 28, 2004 9:57 am

If the mesh is damaged, you of course should replace at least part of the nozzle with parts from another. I would get the top of the nozzle thing and the mesh from his gun and keep the rest as spare parts.

DX

Post by DX » Fri May 28, 2004 5:19 pm

im going to try and switch the nozzle, the only problems are
A. Don't know how
B. only got 6 days to do it, of which one is a not druing the school week.