water warriors, stats, sizzling cool ???

General water gun discussion.
Daniel

water warriors, stats, sizzling cool ???

Post by Daniel » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:58 pm

I was in toys are us with my brother few days ago and when he was waiting in the queue I decided to look around, I fond a shelf full of water guns that looked like and had the same name as the water warriors but were called stats. There was a steady stream, a hornet and a fire fly that with the expectation of the steady stream are all discounted as far as I no of, and there was also a water warrior’s shark that was apparently made by sizzling cool. There where all in different colours from the water warriors version. Anyone else seen this or have an explanation for this? I think if you go onto the toys r us uk site you can see them. :confused:

Silence

Re: water warriors, stats, sizzling cool ???

Post by Silence » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:41 pm

It sounds like Buzz Bee Toys rebranded themselves for the UK. Have you sent them an email?

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:22 pm

I believe "Sizzling Cool" and "Stats Splash" are private labels of Toys'R'Us. Must have struck a deal with Buzz Bee Toys to have some of the Water Warriors blasters made for those particular labels. One can also find "Sizzling Cool" Water Warriors blasters in North America; not sure about "Stats Splash".

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:09 am

I'd heard of "Sizzling Cool," but not "Stats Splash." For some reason I didn't equate "Sizzling Cool" with Buzz Bee Toys water guns.

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:40 am

I was perusing the Toys R Us UK websites, and they have a 'Sizzling Cool' Shark and 'Stats' Hornet and Firefly. Toys R Us have other things branded 'Stats', like football goals, cricket sets, mostly children's sports stuff (which would explain the 'Stats' name).
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

obob

Post by obob » Sat May 29, 2010 7:57 pm

Not sure where to add this comment; it seems to make sense here, even though this thread is pretty old...

I just received a TRU paper ad, and the Sizzlin' Cool Dragonfly (2-pack on sale for 14.99) is clearly a repackaged Water Warriors Firefly. According to the web page it even still has the electronic gauge (but I've heard that's not so with the WW Hornet, which they repack as "Cricket" so I'd check the box before expecting it).

EDIT: checked at the store. Cricket has no gauge, but Dragonfly has a mechanical dial. An improvement over the electronic junk in my opinion.
Last edited by obob on Sun May 30, 2010 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Sun May 30, 2010 11:36 pm

This is all really bizare. I would NOT buy them.
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

obob

Post by obob » Sun May 30, 2010 11:52 pm

JuchTurtles wrote:This is all really bizare. I would NOT buy them.
I communicated with Buzz Bee last month about the repacking of their foam dart products, and there's nothing underhanded or deceptive about this kind of cooperative packaging. I received the impression that it's pretty important to BuzzBee to manufacture their products according to what the retailers want to buy. As a general rule, it is my understanding that if the retailer puts their name on the box, they also take responsibility for support and warranty issues. Which is probably why BuzzBee couldn't answer one of my questions.

But I'm confident that there are no underhanded dealings going on here. You'd be getting BuzzBee products, and a TRU (implied) warranty. At a bargain price, usually. At a mere two for $15, I gave some thought to buying a pack of those Dragonfly soakers just for parts.

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon May 31, 2010 2:02 pm

Yeah, I'm sure they're legitimate. A big retailer isn't gonna sell illegal copies, and Buzz Bee wouldn't let substandard copies be made since it would hurt their own brand.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:23 am

Thanks for posting that information Bob. I had wondered about rebranding, but I never bothered to ask those who would know.