to cold for water gun fights

General water gun discussion.
meatslycer

to cold for water gun fights

Post by meatslycer » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:27 am

if your not having fun because it's to cold to have water gun fights heres what i do in the winter months i go down to u haul and buy some boxes find some pop cans and bottles set them up and make an obstacle course you can balance a pole on two boxes to duck or jump over for the obstacle course heres another challenge for when u have the obstacle course set up try to hit all targets with out pumping your gun in between

cantab

Re: to cold for water gun fights

Post by cantab » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:16 pm

Interesting idea.

Of course, when it's too cold for water there's always NERF and suchlike. And maybe snowballs - but in England we get maybe 1 or 2 decent snowfalls a year.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

steelboot

Post by steelboot » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:38 pm

Yeah, we play NERF when it's too cold. I modded one of my 270's into a nerf gun.
steelboot pwns n00bs
If you have five dollars and steelboot has five dollars, steelboot has more money than you.
GOTTA SOAK 'EM ALL!

meatslycer

Post by meatslycer » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:33 pm

or u can build a bunch of homemades to kick but in the summer

steelboot

Post by steelboot » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:06 pm

Yeah or just do NERF. I don't really like it but my neighbour does. Out of interest, how old are you guys?
steelboot pwns n00bs
If you have five dollars and steelboot has five dollars, steelboot has more money than you.
GOTTA SOAK 'EM ALL!

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:29 pm

Too cold?? It's 103 degrees and sunny right now where I'm at.
LOL

meatslycer

Post by meatslycer » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:41 pm

yeah well i live on canada's west coast and it get's cold here

steelboot

Post by steelboot » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:10 pm

Yeah, and you're in Arizona lol.
steelboot pwns n00bs
GOTTA SOAK 'EM ALL!

meatslycer

Post by meatslycer » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:30 pm

the problem i have with nerf is i can't play in my house my dad does not let me very often and it get's pricy one of my friend bought an ammo box for 40 bucks

steelboot

Post by steelboot » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:19 pm

You could play outside. Just because it's too cold for water doesn't mean it's too cold for NERF.
steelboot pwns n00bs
GOTTA SOAK 'EM ALL!

meatslycer

Post by meatslycer » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:41 am

yeah but last time i played outside i lost alot of my darts i remember a year ago we had tenants downstairs and they moved out so we had an entire house for nerf until new people moved in

cantab

Post by cantab » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:34 am

Yeah, that's true, looking for darts after nerf's been used is a pain in the arse, and no matter what you try you'll lose some over time.

I've battled with thrown newspapers and tennis balls. One-hit-kills. Works pretty well, though carrying large amounts of ammo is tricky.

There're always rubber band guns too. Ammo is very cheap. Drawback is a hit at long range in the heat of battle is often too gentle to be noticed (because the band is very light), leading to arguments over whether or not there has actually been a hit.

Simply restricting the allowed water weaponry can allow battle in colder weather. Weather suitable for being hit by an XP can be horrible to be hit by a CPS in.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

steelboot

Post by steelboot » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:37 am

Yeah, I had a battle in November last year, it was maybe 10 degrees (I'm in Canada), using only the normal nozzle on the FFs'. However, even though we agreed we wouldn't, some jackass has to flash flood me.
steelboot pwns n00bs
GOTTA SOAK 'EM ALL!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:59 am

I go with indoor Nerf with stock guns only during the winter. (I don't have an arsenal of modded Nerf blasters either so I can't really play outside) Getting darts is one of the reasons I originally went with water warfare, and the darts also wear out. However, they're pretty easy to find at the store when you run out of working ones. However, I'm not particuarly fond of the ROF of Nerf, nor stock range. (but I can't mod that many Nerf guns either)

I've only went with light weapons only water warfare for fun, not to avoid the cold. If the war gets intense, people are going to get soaked anyway, even with XP's. In one of the wars I had (or tried to have), some idiots were using my 10k, 12k's, and similar blasters, then got pissed when they saw that I took the 2500 after I saw them go with medium/heavies. (then again, the overall amount of douchebaggery I had to deal with that day was unimaginable)

cantab

Post by cantab » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:54 am

C-A_99 wrote:I go with indoor Nerf with stock guns only during the winter. (I don't have an arsenal of modded Nerf blasters either so I can't really play outside)
Is the stock/modded disparity very great, or is there some reason it wouldn't work even all stock?
I've only went with light weapons only water warfare for fun, not to avoid the cold. If the war gets intense, people are going to get soaked anyway, even with XP's.
Not if you play one-hit games. Playing OHK (which is what I virtually always played), even CPSes don't get one THAT wet. You'll get wetter in an XP soakfest than a CPS OHK.
Arsenal: