Question about Colossus

Threads about water gun modifications.
Herring!

Question about Colossus

Post by Herring! » Thu May 20, 2010 1:12 am

Hi, I'd like to colossus my arctic blast. One question: is it worth it? what does it do? the guide doesn't say and is kind of negative about it.

zeda.beta

Re: Question about Colossus

Post by zeda.beta » Thu May 20, 2010 1:18 am

The arctic blast is decent, but a collossus mod for it would increase the power by about 2x or so. I have never actually collossused my FF, but it should make both blasts much more powerful, and have more range as well. It is up to you whether or not it is worth it, but you should keep cost in mind.
-Zeda
Last edited by zeda.beta on Thu May 20, 2010 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

Herring!

Post by Herring! » Thu May 20, 2010 1:26 am

awesome! thank you!

cantab

Post by cantab » Thu May 20, 2010 4:28 pm

A couple of things to bear in mind:

One is that too 'heavy' a colossus results in being unable to fill the pressure chamber as the pressure-release valve (PRV) opens. You can disable the PRV, and many people do, but bear in mind that's disabling a safety feature and makes the gun more easily broken.

A second is that a colossus necessarily reduces the pressure chamber's capacity. The Arctic Blast has a small PC as it is (smaller than that in the Flash Flood IIRC).

With both these points in mind, I'd suggest doing a light one to begin with, like just one or two bike tubes.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier: