XP 70 idea!

Threads about water gun modifications.
sneakycookie

XP 70 idea!

Post by sneakycookie » Sun May 11, 2008 5:44 am

I have 3 XP 70's and i want to make a mod that makes the water re-zervor bigger. Im thinking about a back pack filled with 2 gallons of water with a hose attachment that screws on the threads of the XP 70.

The reason I to do this is because i have noticed that it has a very small re-zervor If I can get most of you guys to help me we can start making packs for it and other soakers. Im just stumped on what i could use for a water pack that holds the 2 gallons. Eny ideas?

I think it would be hard if the pack isent vertical. I realy need to be pounded with ideas from you guys. I know that the aqua pack is powered by the pump. The pump sucks the water throw the hose in the pack. I just dont know if it would work for the XP. So come on give me ideas! :eek:
Add me on xfire, "sneakiecookie"

Drenchenator

Re: XP 70 idea!

Post by Drenchenator » Sun May 11, 2008 1:01 pm

I moved this to modifications.

We have an article on this titled "Backpack Modification."

It's really simple to understand what is going on an why this works on any water gun with a separate pressure chamber. The pump sucks water from the reservoir and pushes it into the chamber, with the backpack acting as a simple extension of the reservoir. As long as the backpack is "above" the gun, it'll refill the reservoir until it's empty. I use above rather loosely because gravity is not the only reason water flows from the backpack to the reservoir--pumping is another--and it's the combination of these two effects that pulls the water in. You have to have a good seal at the connection point between the backpack and reservoir; without one it might not work.

There are many materials that you can use for a backpack. PVC pipe, solar showers, camel backs among others are popular options. I suggest you read the article for more information.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

sneakycookie

Post by sneakycookie » Sun May 11, 2008 4:34 pm

Ok so do you think Icould make one, is it possible? Because you did say that it had to be vertical to work and i dont want to have to put my gun down to refill every 7 secounds. The reson I wanted to make a pack is so i could keep shooting because when your in battle you have to keep your aposer behind there bunker or they will advance on to your team, and thats hard to do when you have to refill every 5 secounds.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Sun May 11, 2008 4:47 pm

It's very easy to make one; just follow the instructions in the article. And you won't need to manually refill the gun every few shots--the gun refills itself with water from the backpack automatically. I was trying to explain how the backpack worked, but obviously I didn't get that across. Maybe my explanation was too technical. Whatever. If done properly, a backpack modification acts as a direct extension of the reservoir; that's all you really need to know. It makes the overall reservoir capacity larger, so you won't have to refill as often.
Last edited by Drenchenator on Sun May 11, 2008 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

sneakycookie

Post by sneakycookie » Sun May 11, 2008 8:49 pm

I read that back pack idea and I think ill put some time away to make one. Technical?! umm yeah thats it, Your to smart for my brain to understand what you say.. :( you bully.
Just kidding, I understood after I read the link you gave me in the first comment. Just so you know you did'nt offend me.

powersurge919

Post by powersurge919 » Sat May 31, 2008 3:28 pm

Yeah didn't they make the max infusion line for the XP-70 aswell?
{ARMOURY:}
(SS) : 1x 50, 2x 100 (CPS) : 2x 2000, 4x 1000, 1x 4100, 2X monsterXL (APH) : 1x Agitator II, 4x Agitator III, 1x Unfinished SuperCannon 2... and 2 arctic shocks and an arctic blast.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat May 31, 2008 5:46 pm

I'm not sure if the new XP 70 has been updated to have the new Max Infusion cap, but I'd guess that it was. Someone with a new XP 70 should be able to fill this in for us.

Edit: I just checked the marks guide to no luck: http://www.sscentral.org/reviews/marks.html#xp70