trigger click thingy

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
bonzipon14

trigger click thingy

Post by bonzipon14 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:27 pm

hey everybody my max infusion defender's trigger doesnt click anymore so the flow won't stop. I have recently opened up the gun and found out that a spriing has broker and my gues iis that the spring that has broken controls the flow valve, because when shotting my trigger is limp and useless and whenever i pump my gun it shoots water even thought i don't press the trigger. Is that the problem and if so could you give me some i deas of a new spring.
Last edited by bonzipon14 on Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:26 pm

Yep, that spring controls how the ball valve flips open and close. The quickest and simplest solution is to experiment with rubber bands, though that can be unreliable and can still break easily. For a spring, you might have to measure the length and find something at a hardware store that'll configure to it. While testing, it may seem to work well, but there's a chance that the trigger will lock up when under pressure. (At least my Flash Flood does that, when the trigger isn't pulled fast enough sometimes)

Good luck with the repair.

bonzipon14

Post by bonzipon14 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:28 pm

C-A_99 wrote:Yep, that spring controls how the ball valve flips open and close. The quickest and simplest solution is to experiment with rubber bands, though that can be unreliable and can still break easily. For a spring, you might have to measure the length and find something at a hardware store that'll configure to it. While testing, it may seem to work well, but there's a chance that the trigger will lock up when under pressure. (At least my Flash Flood does that, when the trigger isn't pulled fast enough sometimes)

Good luck with the repair.
I have tried rubber bads and they haven't worked so im going to dremel the side of my gun, and attach a handle directly to the little green piece that controls the valve. I willl also remove all the trigger components.
Il try to upload some pictures when its done. If that doesn't work, ill just leave it so that it looks like a defender but has the internal of a vaporizer, hahaha
Thanks for your ideas though

bonzipon14

Re: trigger click thingy

Post by bonzipon14 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:48 pm

Okay, sorry for not posting forever, but I have finally fixed my second defender, same spring broke again.... Anyways, to fix it I took off a big plastic piece so all that's left on the ball valve is the yellow piece. i then added a string to the trigger from the valve, put a pen around it and taped the pen piece so that when the trigger moves forward, it closes the valve. To aid the spring on the trigger, I added a rubber band. It's not the most reliable system but, hey it works. I'm sorry about the lack of pictures but I intend to post pictures if I ever get a camera.
GAMBIT!!!i hate being shot .... it reminds me of my slobbery girlfriend....

Silence

Re: trigger click thingy

Post by Silence » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:54 pm

Wow, thanks for the update! Many people don't bother posting after they make the fix, so thanks for posting. I'm glad to hear everything works well. :)