Selfish Xbox 360 sellers

Topics related specifically to video gaming.
LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Selfish Xbox 360 sellers

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:06 pm

This may be the wrong place to put this, but whatever.

I have seen some crazy Xbox 360 auctions, but this one takes the cake, Just look at the BIN.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360- ... dZViewItem

He must be drunk or something if he expects someone to buy one for that price.
Playstation 3: Check the Consumer Elecronic Show (CES) early next month for more PS3 info, and possible confirmation of a release date

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:09 pm

Selfish? No. The word you were looking for was greedy. Some of these guys are quite greedy, but a lot of them get the money they ask for so I couldn't blame them. I laughed hard when I first saw how high the prices were going for XBox 360s on eBay before, but lately it's just been getting disturbing. Whoever obsesses over a video game system like that needs to be cut off from all video games for their own good. (hint: I think that you're the only person who cares this much about the XBox 360 here LA)

I do not believe that whoever is selling that XBox 360 expect to get that much money. That is most likely a joke.

These people are paying huge sums of money for a system that doesn't even work very well to begin with. Everyone knows that it takes a few months for the bugs to be worked out of any system. Paying this much for a first make XBox 360 is just a waste of money anyway. People who wait will not only be getting a better deal, but a better system as well.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:34 am

I remember when the PS2 came out. The price went from $200 (I think it was) to maybe $150 in a few months.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:11 am

I payed $450 CAN for my PS2 almost 1 year after it came out. I didn't have a DVD player pack then, and my PS1 sometimes skiped, so it took the blow abit of the high price. It usualy takes 2 years for a system to be relatively cheap.

I say an ebay seller has all the right to accept the money that the buyer wants to give them. He would be a fool to sell the XBOX 360 for $400 while everyone sells it for $1200. Thats what buisness is. Leeching out of the buyer whatever you can is capitasim. If people want to stop it, they should not buy it. If some sellers don't want to accept that much money, then some other seller will take it instead, which makes it an idealistic impractical act.
If some are feeling that they cheated someone with high prices, they can give the exess money to cherity. There are alot of starving people around this season. But most people who complain about high prices are buyers who want as much stuff for cheap as possible. Thechnicaly, that as greedy as the seller who wants as much money as possible.

The illegal part is if people sell something that is not vailable. There were some ebay sellers selling XBox consoles with a $0.01 starting bid, which was just actualy an auction for an XBox poster. The buyers where anoyed with their $120 poster.
Alot of people are returnig their XBoxe 360s due to bugs and crashes. ebay generaly has no return polecy, so those dudes with the bugy $1500 console must be anoyed about that aswell.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:37 am

I don't think he intended anyone to actually use the BIN option, seeing as its a Best Offer type deal. He just filled in the BIN field because eBay made him.
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

Freakymist

mmhmm

Post by Freakymist » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:12 am

Ben wrote:Whoever obsesses over a video game system like that needs to be cut off from all video games for their own good.

Yes and the hundreds of dollars and hours you have invested in your hobby and website don't count as being too obssessed. I understand you wanting people to understand your hobby and leave it alone if they don't like it, but you got to do the same for others. :rolleyes:
Last edited by Freakymist on Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: slight spelling error

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:49 am

Actually, that's not at all what I mean. I meant I do not think that someone should pay the large amount over the normal price. You know I never support the people who pay $150 for CPS 2000s on eBay and this is exactly the same. I can understand people enjoying something and buying things for it, but not when the deal is a complete rip-off. That's not "healthy".