Held Hostage

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:04 pm

Everything at school was going fine today... until about 2:00. Our Principal, and I honestly don't know his name even after all these years, came on to tell us about the current situation in town. Apparently someone had locked themselves in their house and "had a gun." Because of that our school went onto a "Code Yellow" alert. We couldn't leave even at the normal time. I was being "held hostage" in my own school.

This went on for nearly 3 hours (for myself). Some left early, and a few are still to leave. I have a massive headache and it feels good to breath cool air again. My school does not have a functional air conditioner in every room. The humidity was nearly unbearable, and you couldn't leave unless it was an bathroom "emergency," like they know the definition of one... I seriously think that these were completely unneccesary precations, and it is disgusting that this is what we have come to.

The guy had locked himself inside of his own house! I did later learn that he had a hostage, but why would he leave his house to shoot at the possible single school bus that takes the route through his road? To take someone hostage already is questionable, but to shoot a school bus is just plain insane.

I'll look out in the news for this guy. He better not get off, with all of his unintentional victims and all.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:13 pm

Wow. The keeping you in school and all thing was truely pointless. In "dangerous" situations, the idea is to get people out of the danger! Not keep them where they are in harms way. Besides, It's called an "alternate route!"

I'm just wondering, is it possible the bus could of gone on a different road to drop off the kids?

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

War Admiral

Post by War Admiral » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:26 am

That sucks, though at my school weve had 2 major bomb threats.So everyone had to walk to a community center about half a mile away.And 1 was in the winter and no one had any jackets.BRRRR!
It is the old who declare war but it is the youth who die for it.
-Herbert Hoover

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:34 am

That's really annoying. I suppose at least it helps you to understand more fully what it would have been like at Beslan for all those Russian kids... :(
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:18 pm

I don't even want to know... It makes me too drepressed.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:24 pm

Alls I can say is...
teh suxx0rzz...,,
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:06 pm

Do you go to highschool Doom? Cause Grade schools do that kind of XPBackfire-esque. I don't understand why they don't just tell you the house's address and then you can steer clear of it.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:02 pm

Of course I go to high school. Here's some links with more info:

http://www.gazette.net/200439/frederick ... 993-1.html
http://www.thewbalchannel.com/news/3750521/detail.html
http://www.herald-mail.com/?module=disp ... ormat=html
http://www.nbc25.com/news/default.asp?m ... ws&id=2373

SuperStormer also saw it on the news since he lives fairly close to me... he saw a friend of mine named Kevin. SuperStormer thought his hair was funny.

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:12 pm

Yeah it was on the 11 o'clock news.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:47 am

OMG THAT.......

IS GREAT! you got to miss part of school. if only that happened to me.... can you say CALCULATOR GAMES!
http://xs7.xs.to/pics/04512/sig2.jpg
-whoamg, I can't put ANY anime girl in my sig without doom deleting it. =\

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:56 pm

I didn't get to miss school in anyway. What happened was that they kept us in school for 3 or more extra hours.

Also, you know nothing about me if you think that I'd play calculator games... been a ticalc.org member since 2001 and if I was using one of my calculators, it would be for programming. Most games are overrated anyway. I haven't had time to finish Final Conflict/Escape from Sobibor anyway.

Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:00 pm

Ya here at my school in saudi arabia on a american compound we have Huge 12 foot walls around both of our schools, and now are schools look really bad, and if a terriost gets in how the heck are we suposed to get out. I mean use commen(sp) sense here really.

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:40 pm

I would just fall asleep or play Lacrosse or draw or talk or grab my CD player. My T1 83 doesn't have any games in it(yet)
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:53 am

I have a TI 84+ Silver Edition, and there actually aren't that many good games for them. Mostly poor graphics (well, what would you expect from a calculator?). You might want to check out "Mirage OS". It allows you to play many games.
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:00 am

Note that games for the 83+ are compatible with your calc too. I have an 89, can you say Doom clone in 8 shades of grayscale?
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.