McMaster-Carr return policy

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
SSCBen

McMaster-Carr return policy

Post by SSCBen » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:46 pm

Last week I finally had the time to send back a bunch of stuff to McMaster-Carr to return. In total it was worth about $280 new, and I was hoping they'd give me slightly less than that because only a few items were opened or used.

So far I've received about $130 back. They had a problem with most of my items. I only had a credit card (okay, bank card) recently and prior to that I used my father's credit card. For some reason this is a problem for them so they emailed me that they couldn't find orders for most of these items. I though "Okay, they do everything by credit card number, so I'll just give them the purchase order numbers and they'll figure it out." They later asked for my father's credit card number to (I assume, at least) verify that I owned these items. I haven't heard from them since then.

Today I received the items they had problems with. There's no explanation, just the items, and they're not all in the same condition they were sent in. An air regulator I returned was sent back to me roughed up. I have no idea why but I guess someone dropped it.

I've sent another email back and hopefully they'll be as responsive as they were before. Generally I'm happy that I got any money back, but I don't like having some more items returned to me at my expense when I'll just send them back at more expense...

If you ever return things to McMaster-Carr, I would suggest printing a detailed spreadsheet with the item number, purchase order, date ordered, item description, and condition of the item in some sort of spreadsheet. If you've used more than one credit card let them know too. That should avoid some headaches.

Now if Google would pay me for last month's AdSense I'd actually have a decent amount of money... :p

SSCBen

Re: McMaster-Carr return policy

Post by SSCBen » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:53 am

I've received a reply back and have everything straightened out now. I can send the items back for a refund. I'd suggest tracking down the "McMaster-Carr number" of the order from the invoice and putting it on a spreadsheet with the part numbers and number of items to help those in the returns department.

McMaster-Carr was even nice enough to give me an account number to use with UPS to ship the items back to them for free. That's what I call customer service. :)

Specter

Re: McMaster-Carr return policy

Post by Specter » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:42 am

Glad you got it all straightened out and your money back :)
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october