The Limits of Power

Threads about water gun modifications.
DX

The Limits of Power

Post by DX » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:06 am

As you may or may not know, heavy power modding is all but a memory. I personally abandoned such guns when I blew out the trigger valve of my Chrome 21K, wrecking what was the most powerful modded gun ever made. It took 13 pumps fine, but committed suicide on the 14th. After that, and the breaking of my other 60ft+ shooter, I just stopped, too afraid even to disable a PRV.

I think it has been two years since then. Since then, the fall of modding has given new life to the rise of homemades. While I love building homemades [having spent over a thousand dollars on parts], my next creation won't be a homemade. I am soon to receive the body of a 2100, a mark 1 2100 at that. With that strongest and rarest of 2100s, I plan to revive one of the legendary 60ft shooters. Once again, a heavy 21K will exist.

Likewise, I have seriously been considering taking my new 15K beyond its poor 20 balloons and creating a gun that would blow the best 21K out of the water. A heavy 15K would be the new most powerful modded gun. However, I am scared to do it. I do NOT want to blow out a 15K trigger valve. Thing is, I don't know how many pumps it could take.

If anyone here has done heavy k-modding in the past, I need your help. I need to know how many pumps would be safe. 21Ks can be replaced, but 15Ks cannot be so easily obtained.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:16 am

I already have a bid on that gun...

I'd still rather know the pump limit for a 15K of say, 60-80 balloons, than break it fatally and buy a new one.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:24 am

I wanted to do a K mod on my CPS 2100, but I didn't have the balloons at the time so I stored the disassembled soaker away in my closet. After about a year I went back to take it out and the trigger part was missing. This is what deterred me from modding (my best and only true CPS ended up being totaled). I have done small mods to other soakers, but they both came out successful simply because they were easy mods (plugging the "check" valve on my Max-D 5000 and a shotgun mod on my XP 310)
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups