please help a noob

Threads about water gun modifications.
Adam487

please help a noob

Post by Adam487 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:52 pm

I have some question about a few mods.
What is a check valve freeze, what does it do, how do I do it?
What is a k-mod, what does it do, how do I do it?

I have two Liquidators and a (?)Defender. what mods would you recommend and how would I do them to these specific guns?

On the Defender, the stream doesnt seem to stay together very well, it likes to spread out. I don't think this is normal. The pump shaft likes to bend a little when I pump it, and I am concerned about it breaking.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:05 pm

It's great to see new members, but I wish more people would read all the articles at SSCentral before joining the forums. Feel free to read the modifications articles to get a feel for everything you can do to soakers. CVFs involve plugging up the pressure relief valve (used on Super Soakers to prevent the pressure from getting too high, although a little bit extra is fine), and K-mods involve putting balloons over the spherical rubber bladders used in some CPS soakers to increase the power.

Another common question is, "What modifications can I do to X water gun?" However, this topic is pinned and is currently the first one seen in the Modifications subforum, so you should read that first.

Do a pump shaft reinforcement, found in the modifications articles page, by sticking a wooden rod inside the hollow plastic part. There isn't much you can do about a turbulent stream, and your Defender, being just a standard stock soaker, is probably completely normal.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:06 am

Pump shafts bend.

My 27K pump shaft bent until I had to repair it after a small incident (Lets say hacksaw, and pump cap and leave it at that).

Bending is not a problem

There are two solutions:

1) put something down the centre to stop them
2) get used to it.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston