Request for assistance.

Threads about water gun modifications.
Shock

Request for assistance.

Post by Shock » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:43 am

I hope there isn't something I'm missing because I don't want to ruffle anybody's feathers. I know this is a fairly common procedure for most soakers(or at least it seems that way to me), but I'm having a little trouble identifying my blaster's check valve.

I recently encountered two Blazers, one at my local kmart, and one at my local toys r us. As it seemed to me that these guns are considered somewhat hard to come by in stores I took immediate advantage and snatched them both up, one for 15$USD the other for 20$USD. Surprisingly the cheaper one was from toys r us! Hey, that's funny! Ok a little off track, back to the subject.

The problem I encountered lies in the fact that when comparing what I suspect to be the blazer's check valve to the images found in the check valve guides here on SSCentral, there appear to be very slight differences between the check valves in the images and the suspected one in my gun that are obviously throwing me off. I'm very.... very cautious with my guns, and I don't want to cause damage to either one of them. So what I am pleading for is for someone with a blazer and technical knowledge to maybe tell me that what I am looking at is in fact the check valve, and possibly help me to determine precisely what piece of it I should remove(an then consequently fill in).

I know there are guides, and I did do numerous searches, but the guides are not based on guns similiar enough to mine for me to feel comfortable chopping up my gun's internals without being 100% certain.

P.S. What I think is the check valve is that rectangular piping in the lower portion of the gun just after the clear tubing that leads from the water reservoir. Also, what I think I have to cut is pretty much the top left corner of the "rectangle" when viewed from the bottom of the gun. Ach, any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.P.S If this is in the wrong place, redundant, or anything else... I apologize.
Last edited by Shock on Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:09 am

Copywrite iSoaker and blah.
See the rectangle of pipes to the left of the pump? There are three tees. The one that isn't a tee (the upper left) is the check valve. This is a Piranha, but the Blazer is almost identical (I believe). If you want to be 100% sure, upload a pic of the internals for us.

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:11 am

I'm probably unable to help you at this point (because I don't have anything even remotely close to a Blazer), but it might help if you changed the thread title a little. I'm not sure if you can do that by editing your first post or something, but if you can't do that, then a moderator can probably do that for you. "Request for assistance" is pretty vague.

Images also help quite a bit, as Ben stated in a post in the repairs forum. You can compare these to images of check valve freezing in the Tech section and in the forums. Actually, I think I've seen something about a Blazer somewhere, but I'm not sure...I'll do a search on that.

Actually, it's a bit early for anybody else to have posted yet...

EDIT: No way...I was the only one viewing this thread earlier, but after I posted, I saw that m15399 had already posted...

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:14 am

Ummm...m15399, was there supposed to be a pic in your post (you said copyright iSoaker, etc.)? If there is, I can't see it :confused: ?

Shock

Post by Shock » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:26 am

Those internals look almost exact. :) Thanks a lot. But, one more question. Is this about where(the red lines) I should cut?

P.S. I can't take photos of my own as I have no digital camera. Sorry

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:35 am

Strange, I still can't seem to see the picture (and now I'm sure that it's supposed to be there). I'll work on fixing this problem.

Hmmmmm...........

m15399

Post by m15399 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:59 am

I believe so. Wait for someone else to confirm, though. I'm not an expert.