2100 Valve Problems (help)

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
strongshooter

Post by strongshooter » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:32 pm

Well I just did a partial k-mod of my 2100 (18 balloons) and now the gun won't shoot if I give it 10 pumps, these guns are supposed to take 17 and I am currently stuck pumping it 6 times because of the valve what should I do?

I hope this is simple to fix because although I have a 4100 I like the 2100 a lot better

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:28 pm

What do you mean by it won't shoot? Will it not actually shoot water out of the nozzle at 10 pumps? Or does all the water go through the check valve?

strongshooter

Post by strongshooter » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:17 pm

you pull the trigger and the valve won't open

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:03 pm

There is nothing you can do as far as I know to fix that. That is because there is too much pressure in the PC, but not enough to blow it. All you can do is release the pressure by following this guide which was on this site all the time. Remember to check a few sites with your problem, it's not fun to us when we redirect someone.

blaze

Post by blaze » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:10 pm

Things that could be the problem:

a ) You put the PC case over the bladder too far up, or you put the entire thing too far up. On the 2100, the trigger valve spring thing can hit the PC and the valve won't open. Solution: Observe the situation and slide (or unscrew and place) the PC further away from the trigger valve spring thing.
b ) Your valve is broken. Solution: Cut off the plastic nozzle decoration originally on the case and glue a ball valve with a PVC cap nozzle on the nozzle shaft.
c ) Something is clogging the valve. Solution: Suck the nozzle and get whatever's in it out (I am not responsible if you accidentally die by sucking in poison or choking or something :Hey, that's funny.: )
d ) The wire that goes from the trigger to the trigger valve is misplaced. Solution: Put it back in place.
e ) The metal rod that goes in the gun case through the part of the trigger valve that swings back and forth is missing or misplaced. Solution: Find it or get a replacement, put it in the bottom half of the case, fit it through the swinging part of the trigger valve, and when you put the second half of the case on, make sure it goes through the correct part there, too.

Well that's all I can think of. Good luck.

Edit--Whoops I reread your problem and realized that what I showed is probably all wrong. Sorry.

strongshooter

Post by strongshooter » Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:58 am

Blaze, I have checked all of that already and it isn't any of it