xp 70, water squirting fromf pump

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Shrike

xp 70, water squirting from pump

Post by Shrike » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:00 pm

the other day i got a xp 70 from my friend because he said it was broken. he wanted to throw it away but i told him to give it to me so i could try to fix it.
i managed to repair some cracks in the tubing and tiny holes in the pressure chamber. the only thing left is the water squirting from the pump. i read the guide on how to fix it when water is leaking from the pump but it only tells you what to do when you have an o-ring and the xp 70 has some kind of weird rubber tube thingy at the end of the pump.
i hope you can help me because i really want to add that gun to my armory (my friend doesnt want it anymore even if i get it to work again :) )
Last edited by Shrike on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shrike

Re: xp 70, water squirting fromf pump

Post by Shrike » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:03 pm

Hi again,
i took a picture of the rubber thingy that wont seal. i really hope you can help me with that.
http://www.pictureupload.de/originals/p ... MG1793.jpg

shrike

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:44 pm

Hello,

Many super soakers feature the "elongated gasket" in your picture. It is a little more difficult to repair these, because there is no easy in-store replacement.

You have two options: You can create a new pump, entirely from scratch, using an o-ring to seal. Or, you can try to retrofit the original pump with an o-ring, removing the original rubber seal first.

Soak On
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

Shrike

Post by Shrike » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:15 pm

hey,

thanks for the advice, i managed to fix it!

I took off one half of that "elongated gasket" so i had some room for an o-ring. i took one from my broken xp 220. it fits perfectly :)
here's a picture so people who encounter the same problem can see what i did.

i accidently ripped one of the gaskets

Shrike