broken cps 3000

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
lorenzo89

broken cps 3000

Post by lorenzo89 » Sun May 25, 2008 1:20 pm

hello,

I'm new here I recently got a cps 3000, and overloaded the gun.
and the gun jammed I used force to to get it to shoot. now the pin shot out of the valve.
I tried to glue it but i did't work, could someone please help me.

[photo]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk14 ... G_0498.jpg[/photo]

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk14 ... G_0498.jpg
Attachments
IMG_0508.JPG
IMG_0509.JPG

SSCBen

Re: broken cps 3000

Post by SSCBen » Sun May 25, 2008 2:33 pm

Welcome to SSC!

This is an interesting problem that I don't think anyone else has run into yet. What glue did you use? Did you follow the instructions on this page? If you used sandpaper or a file and then epoxy I think you should solve your problem, but if you did try that then you have another option.

If you drill a small hole through the metal rod and the plastic piece to allow glue to go into, the bond will be much stronger and shouldn't break. That would be hard to do but it should work.

Someone else might have a better idea though so it would be best to wait for more repair ideas. ;)

CROC

Re: broken cps 3000

Post by CROC » Sun May 25, 2008 11:44 pm

I'd say use steel reinforced epoxy putty, it might hold better than other glues (fully cures in a hour).

How did you succeed in overloading it? I did not think it was possible.

If you drill a hole through the middle of the plunger part, and drill the hole a bit wider (mark how far it goes into the plunger part first!), and then fill the gap with a strong adhesive, such as (as mentioned above) steel reinforced epoxy putty.
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back