Hello From Central Maryland -- I'm New

General water gun discussion.
TawnyPincus

Hello From Central Maryland -- I'm New

Post by TawnyPincus » Sun May 11, 2008 8:49 pm

I own a CPS 2100 that is labeled with a black marking pen "King Soaker ULTRA Mod". It mostly gets used to keep Sparrows off of my bird feeders. And make the neighbors think I weird.

sneakycookie

Post by sneakycookie » Sun May 11, 2008 8:53 pm

That is, Ermmm... Cool! :cool:

No realy welcome to SSC. I hope you enjoy yourself. I sudjest reading the FAQ if your new.
Last edited by Drenchenator on Sun May 11, 2008 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post.
Add me on xfire, "sneakiecookie"

SSCBen

Re: Hello From Central Maryland -- I'm New

Post by SSCBen » Sun May 11, 2008 9:02 pm

Welcome to SSC!

You must have bought that water gun from eBay. King Soaker used to be a member here and he invented a PC expansion modification. Check out this link: http://www.sscentral.org/mods/pc_expansion.html

TawnyPincus

Post by TawnyPincus » Mon May 12, 2008 12:38 am

Ben, Thank you for the link to the PC expansion essay. I think I may own the unit pictured in the link. At least the heat blisters on the spherical CPS chamber pictured in the linked photo match very closely with those on my unit.

BTW, I am actually looking for someone to do a repair job on my Soaker. The problem maybe a burst CPS bladder. When I pump my CPS Super Soaker, water pours out of the inside of it.

I was hoping King Soaker was still around and I could find him here.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon May 12, 2008 1:27 am

I would suggest opening up the water gun to check out what the problem could be. We have a guide to help you open your water gun and an other guide on how to replace CPS bladders.

Perhaps this indicates that the PC expansion modification on spherical CPS water guns is a bad idea.

You'll have to make an assessment of the water gun after opening it up. First, remove the CPS chamber (it pulls off) and try blowing into it to see if it makes any audible hissing noises (it should not because it should be sealed). If you are unsure, open the CPS chamber case to check for an obvious hole in the CPS chamber (the K-mod page shows how to do that[/url]. If the CPS chamber is covered in balloons, you might have to remove them to determine if a hole has developed in the chamber, but it's more likely the plastic cracked if the chamber is covered in balloons (the "K-mod" covered the chamber in balloons). If you can't find a leak, check for leaks as described in our internal leaks page.

Sadly, a burst spherical bladder can not be replaced with a like bladder unless someone is willing to give you one. It is possible to replace the bladder with a cylindrical one like in the guide I linked to, but no one has done that and documented the process yet. We can help you out if the chamber indeed has burst, but I think it's more likely that plastic burst.

King Soaker stopped coming here in 2005 according to his profile (which doesn't work for some reason--I had to check by editing it). I can give you his email address when he registered a few years ago if you want it, but I think we have you covered on repair possibilities, so it might not be necessary.

As you do the repair, would you mind taking pictures of each step for our website? It would help people out in similar situations enormously. I think you can tell that while we do have a good amount of information about repairs, we still don't have everything. ;)

TawnyPincus

Post by TawnyPincus » Wed May 14, 2008 4:29 am

Ben,

Thank you for your message and repair suggestions. I going on vacation next week for 3 weeks and so will be putting this project on the back burner until I return. Sure, I will be happy to take pictures and share them.

TawnyPincus