Spring triggers

General water gun discussion.
sneakycookie

Spring triggers

Post by sneakycookie » Thu May 08, 2008 8:58 pm

Well I have noticed that most MAX-D and Hasbro water guns have spring powerd triggers, and i have also noticed that they brake real easy. I have figured out how to fix this problem. What I do is take my soaker apart and take the broken spring out. Next i get a spring from a pen and use that to re-place the broken one.

Its works great, realy just go to the spring mecanizem and replace the broken spring with a spring from a pen. Its cheap easy and it has worked for me so far. You can buy your own springs but the ones from a pen work fine. If you need instructions send me a message, I currently dont have a newer soaker but i will soon, Once i get one ill show you how to do it in another post sometime.

p.s Thanks for reading! :D

SSCBen

Re: Spring triggers

Post by SSCBen » Fri May 09, 2008 1:04 am

Some people have done similar replacements before. I don't know if a pen spring is the best because I think something stronger than that is necessary, but if that works for you, great. Rubber bands seem to be the standard repair.

There's some more information about repair possibilities in this article if you want to know what has been done: http://www.sscentral.org/repairs/nozzle_leaking.html