suggestions for hasbro

General water gun discussion.
Commander Soakage

suggestions for hasbro

Post by Commander Soakage » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:48 pm

we never know if hasbro watches forum sites for ideas. so, just out of the prayer that they do, i created this thread for us to "tell" hasbro our ideas. I personally think they should have a make your own super soaker kit.
HASBRO stands for:
Horrible, Atrocious, Stupid, Bratty, Rotten and Obnoxious

Drenchenator

Re: suggestions for hasbro

Post by Drenchenator » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:24 pm

Ben assembled a pretty good list before. If anyone has any suggestions, I guess they can be posted here--and if Ben wants to add them to his article, he will.

The thing is that even if we voice on concerns, they probably will not listen. Hasbro is a big company and they sell to the entire market, not the niche market of guys like us who seek performance water guns. If they think that pump-to-shoot guns will make them millions of dollars, they'll sell them. The only way they'd sell the kind of water guns we look for is when the market conditions dictate it. At least that's what I think. I haven't bought a new stock gun since 2004 and don't plan on buying any new ones any time soon.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:47 am

Theres a better chance of BBT listening since they have posted some on isoaker and possibly here, although that definately doesn't mean theyll do anything. They did remove the underside reservoir cap from the orca though.

Anyway I doubt build your own soaker kits would be practical. I think both Hasbro and BBt should actually consider practicality in a water fight when designing. In both 1hk and soakfest you will basically get owned had using any of the new soakers, with the exception of the FF and arctic blast if youre fast enough.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:34 pm

From what I know, both major companies do read posts here. They're listening, but that doesn't mean they'll change anything. Let's get that straight right now.

What I don't appreciate is the lack of response to these criticisms and the inconsistencies in the reasoning we've been told. If $20 is the price limit, why then does the $40 HydroBlitz sell almost as well as the Arctic Blast (according to Amazon)? It's significantly larger than it as well, but that shouldn't affect Amazon's stock like it would a retail store. If they can make a water gun that big, can't they shrink it a bit, remove some of the design complications/gimmicks, and then make some power improvements on it?

My main problem with recent Super Soakers is that they're full of gimmicks and are complicated. I want a straightforward water gun and no company other than Buzz Bee Toys is producing such a water gun. Sadly it seems that gimmicks sell. I'm still amazed by how many people are amazed at the Hydro Blitz's and the Arctic Blast/Flash Flood's riot blasts. Statistically they're very unimpressive, but most people who look at those water guns think they're incredibly powerful. Marketing at its worst.

I have very little faith in the market economy at the moment, so I can't see water guns improving dramatically in the next two years. I don't think it's not worthwhile to post some suggestions though, so please do post some suggestions. I've already said everything I want to in my suggestions article.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:32 pm

This sums up at least 80% of what we've been wanting in general in a good soaker.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:11 am

Nice graphics. That's probably the most realistic dream water gun around. Everything seems perfectly achievable with the right design, and you could easily achieve more as well. Now if any company will listen... that would be great.

I remember Big Bee discussing at WaterWar.net (4 or 5 years ago) about the possibility of selling water guns for an older audience at sporting good stores. Obviously nothing every came from that, but I still think it's a great idea. Maybe a startup company could get into that market (hint hint).

I wish iSoaker would restore at least some of those posts, but I've asked him and at least for the moment he doesn't have a backup with him. Most everything there would be very interesting reads.

Anyone else notice that we're coming up on 40,000 posts? No water gun forum has ever met 40,000 posts before. Heck, we're the only forum to reach 30,000 too, but iSoaker.net's close to that.

XP270

Post by XP270 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:20 am

Really the only thing I want is simple. "The return of a more simple time in water warfare. Where you could walk up to K-Mart and get a SS 50 for only $10.50. Legit Air Pressure guns. All I want is more XP 270 and XP 70 esque guns"
"I'll be shotgunning XP 310's when I should be shotgunning beers" -Duxburian

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:37 am

XP270 wrote:Really the only thing I want is simple. "The return of a more simple time in water warfare. Where you could walk up to K-Mart and get a SS 50 for only $10.50. Legit Air Pressure guns. All I want is more XP 270 and XP 70 esque guns"
Well the maxd 6000 is a pretty good replacement for almost any of the xp or SS guns. The gun in the diagram would be pretty cool.

used man

Post by used man » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:23 pm

i am pretty dang sure they do because they where inviting nerfhaven admins to the hasbro hq...

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:22 pm

Don't ask me what the deal is. Johnson Research and Development, which worked on both the Super Soaker and the Nerf brands, hasn't made much contact with us recently about water guns. I don't know who designs the Nerf lineup now, but it's strange.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri May 02, 2008 10:50 pm

From what I've read, a big part of why some people were invited was that they lived in New Jersey, where Hasbro's company headquarters are. With that being said, I have no idea why Hasbro is not as open with us about stuff. Maybe the people in the Super Soaker department are less enthusiastic. I really don't know.

Again, I'd like to reiterate to any Hasbro people reading this that we DO want to hear from you. I've only had a bad experience with Hasbro trying to get information from them. iSoaker's not sharing any contact information (not that I care), and what contacts he has obviously hasn't been particularly helpful.