mods for homemades

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
Commander Soakage

mods for homemades

Post by Commander Soakage » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:28 pm

even a good, solid homemade needs a mod sometimes this thread is to share and find out about how to mod homemades.
HASBRO stands for:
Horrible, Atrocious, Stupid, Bratty, Rotten and Obnoxious

SSCBen

Re: mods for homemades

Post by SSCBen » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:50 pm

There's no reason to modify homemades unless they were inadequate to begin with, and if they are it would be much better to make a new superior one rather than build on an already compromised frame. I think that's more what you're talking about.

I've done "modifications" to homemade water guns before and I've called them "upgrades" rather than modifications. I say upgrade before often I designed the gun to be upgraded or changed in the future. SuperCAP in the homemade section is an example. I also did an "upgrade" to SuperCPS by adding larger diameter tubing to see if it would increase the flow, but it didn't and only added dead space to the chamber.

Other potential upgrades include straps, paint jobs, new water reservoirs, new pumps, new pump handles, etc. There's really no limits to what can be customized/changed if you design the water gun to be upgraded/changed in the future, which is a good idea for repairs alone.

Commander Soakage

Post by Commander Soakage » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:18 pm

thanks for the info ben, but I was more so thinking about this kind of mod multi nozzle
HASBRO stands for:
Horrible, Atrocious, Stupid, Bratty, Rotten and Obnoxious

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:29 pm

I got the idea for that modification after making homemade water guns. Every one of my homemade water guns can change nozzles. :p