Hydroblitz

General water gun discussion.
andrewajt62

Hydroblitz

Post by andrewajt62 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:51 pm

I was wondering about getting the Hydroblitz. I may get tired though of pumping it. I have the backpack. My battles are usually with my best freind Casey (he is a boy). His base is his house and yard and my base is my house and yard. We live acrosse the street from each other so the street is no one's territory but we can fight in it too. I could run over to Casey's yard to drench him, he could dodge the blasts and I would waste alot of ammo. I could quickly run out of ammo and waste time and energy pumping. Plus he mainly uses a Shield Blaster 5000 which could block a blast from it and shoot me from far away since it has great range. We each have a fefil bucket and some water balloons at our bases. Maybe the Hydrblitz is more of a defensive gun. Though are battles are usually 1 on 1, but somtimes my two cuzins come. The gun cost 40$ but probualy and extra 8$ if i order it online.

P.S. I'm not too worried about the money because I got around 240$. So what do u guys think?
Last edited by andrewajt62 on Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Armory, Shieldblaster 5000, Shieldblaster 3000
, Aquashock Arctic blast, Broke Flash Flood, Max Infushion Backpack, Sneak Attack Blaster.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:08 pm

The Hydroblitz's main feature is its intimidating size, not its firepower. Although the gun gets decent range and output, it doesn't measure up to it's size (which is rather large). The Hydroblitz is, like you've already said yourself, awkward to wield and difficult to pump. This is only because the blaster is heavy and the pump is in a weird position. If you are big and strong enough, you could probably pump it fine. While I would like a Hydroblitz myself, I'm also considering the Arctic Blast because it has the best power to size ratio. It is also a lot cheaper than the Hydroblitz. So it's up to you what you want to buy, I'm just giving you my opinion :cool:
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

envyev118

Post by envyev118 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:34 pm

I agree, don't get the Hydroblitz, it is big and powerful but really it is awkward and a novelty gun (I know how many times that has been said, but it is true) if you have that much money it would be really a shame not to go and get an old CPS.
A slip of the foot you may soon recover, but a slip of the tongue you may never get over.
---Benjamin Franklin

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:35 pm

it is big and powerful
It is not powerful, just big. The power to size ratio for the Hydroblitz is one of the worst of any gun, perhaps the worst. A mere Defender can be easily modded to shoot its range. There are much more powerful [and potentially more powerful via mod] guns available for that $40. The most I've paid for a CPS 1000 is $18. Orca was $20. 1200 was $30. Won a 2500 for $31.

@andrewajt62: You know the strengths and weaknesses of the enemy and yourself. Don't only maximize your strengths and minimize your weaknesses, but also use both to exploit the enemy's. Basically, if you don't like how things are going, change them. If you are prone to wasting water, take tap shots. If you spend too much energy pumping, pump after each tap shot. If the enemy has a shield blaster, tap shoot several times in a row, changing up the angle for each. A longer range gun also helps, as no shield blaster has good range.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:35 pm

DX wrote:It is not powerful, just big. The power to size ratio for the Hydroblitz is one of the worst of any gun, perhaps the worst. A mere Defender can be easily modded to shoot its range. There are much more powerful [and potentially more powerful via mod] guns available for that $40. The most I've paid for a CPS 1000 is $18. Orca was $20. 1200 was $30. Won a 2500 for $31.
1. It is powerful. It has kickback.

2. It is not the worst gun. The SS 10 is.

3. You have to MOD the Defender to shoot the HB's range.
Soak On!

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:41 pm

It's a sad reality, since only a few people (mainly members of SSCentral and iSoaker) will be willing to mod their soakers in order to acheive that kind of power increase. Maybe the Hydroblitz could be modded to increase its power (and make it more worthwhile), but the chances of people actually willing to open up their $40 blaster is sadly near slim (unless you're from the mentioned sites :cool :)
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:28 pm

hydroblitz wrote:1. It is powerful. It has kickback.

The output that gets such recoil is only made available by the size of the large stream. There should be much more kick for that stream. It's not about kick; it's kick relative to the size of the stream.

Once again, the problem lies with the range-to-size ratio, not with the actual range itself (which is also problematic). Also, note that the HydroBlitz costs $40, while a new SS 10 (which is ancient and probably used pinch triggers, only had air pressure, etc.) would probably cost $5-$10.

You don't have to modify a water gun if you have to. Buy most any other water gun under $40 and you'll probably have better performance.

andrewajt62

Post by andrewajt62 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:58 pm

The Hydroblitz has its ups and downs. Type in Aqaushock on Youtube.com to see how it performs. A good thing about it is that it can shoot for a long time but so can the AB. I guess i'll just stick with my AB for now.
My Armory, Shieldblaster 5000, Shieldblaster 3000
, Aquashock Arctic blast, Broke Flash Flood, Max Infushion Backpack, Sneak Attack Blaster.

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:50 pm

SilentGuy wrote:Buy most any other water gun under $40 and you'll probably have better performance.
Don't get me wrong here, I don't think the HB is the greatest. In fact, the Orca would defianitley be better. Big capacity, more nozzles to choose from, and not as big.
Soak On!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:37 pm

The Defender barely has to be modified to get that range, and that mod is simply a nozzle drill. In other words, if they manufactured the Defender with a slightly larger nozzle, it would get that range.

As to power, the HB has way too many design abnomalities, weird parts, etc. which is why it's so big for what it can do. Its no surprise that many stores are no longer selling the HB. (or at least putting it on shelves)

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:41 pm

1. It is powerful. It has kickback.

*Sigh*. Very few people in this whole community have seen what "kickback" really is. A homemade water cannon with hundreds of x output has "kickback". An extremely heavily power-modded gun may have recoil up to as high as 45 degrees. Stock guns barely have any, very light kick at best.

The SS 10 has a better power to size ratio than a Hydroblitz. The actual power for that only matters in relation to the size of the gun. There is also no such thing as a "worst" gun.

Yes, you have to mod it, but it's a Defender. Thing could virtually fit into the Hydroblitz reservoir. It also takes about 30 seconds, a simple little drill without opening the gun. There's no effort involved. Now you could mod a Hydroblitz to perform better, but you're still not going to approach the power to size ratio of something like a 1200, which you could push to 50ft range very easily.

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:35 am

DX wrote:There is also no such thing as a "worst" gun.
Then why did you call the HB the worst of any gun?
Soak On!

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:37 am

The power to size ratio for the Hydroblitz is one of the worst of any gun
Power to size ratio. Please actually read the post. There is a HUGE difference between a gun being bad and its power to size ratio being bad. For example, the CPS 2700 has a poor power to size ratio, but it's a great gun nonetheless.

hydroblitz

Post by hydroblitz » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:03 am

Alright, I am sorry for all the rude comments. Let's continue on with the topic. I am very sorry DX.
Soak On!

Elliott

Post by Elliott » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:18 pm

Kickback? Try the SC Power Pak. I simply love the recoil on that. It's just fantastic..

On topic: I don't own a Hydroblitz personally and I don't feel the need to with my existing gun collection around but if you were unfortunate enough not to have got a piece of the CPS days then I guess you could do a lot worse..