Advice on Water Warrior Blazer

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
0lski

Advice on Water Warrior Blazer

Post by 0lski » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:23 am

Hello everyone,

I'm completely new to using quality waterguns and I would like some advice.

I bought a Water Warrior Blazer because I read on the net that it was one of the most powerful around but when I used it I was somewhat disapointed.

After about thirty pumps it seems to make a lot of hissing and girgling around the pump area, making further pumping pointless until the pressure drops.

Sometimes it seems that the pump isn't actually giving much resistance and then it will begin to feel good again.

Also it leaks a little around the adjustable nozzle.

The two spherical containers have little holes in the top and air comes out I assume that this is normal ?

Having said all of that. It still fires quite far on the smallest jet and will stream constantly for about forty seconds before losing power.

So my question is:

Is this all normal ( I just thought that modern guns were going to perform a lot better) and can I do any thing to improve it ?

Thankyou.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:01 pm

You don't need to post this twice. Believe me, people will notice it.

The Blazer is a good water gun for now, but I think any comparison to older ones would be a stretch at best. It's great given what else is being sold currently.

Sounds like you got a lemon from your description. I'd return it if you still have the receipt. I've never heard of these problems in a good working Blazer.

The hissing is likely a safety valve kicking in. I'm not sure as to how many pumps a Blazer takes to get full, but 30 sounds to be about right. Unlike other water guns, additional pumps in the Blazer's CPS system is unnecessary and actually dangerous to the design. You won't build up more pressure because the system uses a rubber chamber and no pressure actually is built.

The second pump problem very likely is that the pump seal is poor and needs lubrication. Open up the water gun and put some lubricant or some kind (vaseline, silicone lubricant, etc.) on the end of the pump. It also could be that something is clogging a valve. Keep pumping and it might clear up. If it doesn't, there's not much you can do aside from replacing the valve (which no one has ever done) or trying to clean out the valve.

Leaking from the rotating nozzle is caused by a poor seal between the nozzle and the O-ring there in it. There's not much you can do aside from removing the nozzle to see what could be causing it and tightening the screw there. If you remove the nozzle and there is no black rubber O-ring there to make a seal, that'd be your problem. Anything else however would matter completely on how well the O-ring seals.

Hopefully you'll either return this water gun or repair it! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:22 pm

Definitely return it. However, only some of the problems are actually major problems...

As Ben said, that would be the safety/pressure release valve that prevents you from building any more pressure. All stock guns do that after a while.

Exactly when is there little resistance when pumping? If it's only the first 2-3 pumps, then that's okay because the bladder needs to expand a bit in order to get power.

That's a poor seal on the nozzle selector, but maybe somebody else who has a Blazer can tell me whether all Blazers do that. If not, then you have a defective blaster that should be returned.

Good luck! If you do plan on keeping and trying to fix the gun, we're always willing to help.

CROC

Post by CROC » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:00 pm

I have a blazer, and mine doesn't have any of the problems that 0lski's has. The only problem is the "blast spray" or the largest nozzle, which is not a very laminar stream.
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back

0lski

Post by 0lski » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:19 pm

Hello to everyone who replied.

Thank you for your time and advice.

I will take the gun apart this weekend and check and grease it.

It was the thirty pump limit that I was most concerned about but I now know that this is normal.

It is a shame though, I had expected these guns to be limited to how strong the individuals pumping arm is. Will such a gun ever exist?

0lski.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:04 pm

They already do. It's called a homemade, or, the average piston water gun.

The blazer is a CPS type, which means that it can't be "overcharged" in the same way that many waterguns can be. If it's stopped pumping, that means it's full and at it's theorical maximum.

So, your Blazer is fine - the limit doesn't stop you getting any more power, it merely stops you damaging your water gun.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston