1500 self check valve freeze and then some

Threads about water gun modifications.
BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:38 am

If anyone has heard me prais my 1500 I'm sure they have heard enough. It already was getting near 50' of range, and more than average shot times. But this must be the best thing yet? The Soaker performed a CVF on itself. I found this out the day before my birthday (coincidence?) during a night 1v1 1HK with my cousin.
I had my cousin pinned down behind a bush, his 21k had no chance (or at least his skills) and another victory was insight. Then what I though was my worst nightmare happened. A huge pop. I imediatly thought the old gun's PC had popped. After finishing off my cousin, I realized I was wrong. Some how (perhaps debris?) the soaker shut off its own release valve. Because of this, the soaker's PC was pushing at its casing, and trying to pry it apart.
I can now get in a few more pumps than I used to, plus, I can add in a few partial pumps, but not many. The creaking and poping of my prized 1500's plastic internals scares me a bit, and I don't want to test its limits.
So, in conclusion, does this seem possible? Is it permanent? What could have possibly made such a amazing gun, that now borders 5 second shot time on 10X.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:48 pm

It's happened to MXLs before. Stuff eventually breaks with age I guess. If you really were serious about it, I'm sure you could fix it. I've never had any trouble like this though.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:38 pm

Have you done any mods to it that might have caused this? And, if a check vavle now doesn't work, I suggest you cut it out so it won't cause damage.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:01 am

I never said this is a bad thing. It's a great thing. Not the pump check valve. The release valve that is cut off in a CVF. I couldn't wish for anything better. From now on, I will only pump up until the point where I hear the first creaking of the PC.
BlueSoak.net

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:55 am

You might want to cut that section off seal the edges. Think about this: What would happen if the piece that froze the check valve worked its way loose and went up into the water gun?
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:49 am

Yeah, that would be a terrorable waste. But hey, it might just be a flaw in the check valve, like Doom said, stuff breaks with age. If that break is good or bad depends on luck.

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:20 pm

I personally would try to restore it to how it was before as soon as I could. I still have my friend's old 1500, it's still out of action, and it's just sad. Such a great soaker unusable should never be seen, I would try to make sure it doesn't happen to you, even if it does cost a bit of range and output.
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:56 pm

whats wrong with your friends 1500?

Edit by Doom: PLEASE get the grammar correct. What's is a contraction meaning what is. It's his friend's 1500, not plural friend. Sorry to sound like a grammar-nazi, but honestly, this isn't too hard.
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes