WesTheBotMaster's APH

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
WesTheBotMaster

WesTheBotMaster's APH

Post by WesTheBotMaster » Sun May 15, 2011 8:42 pm

After stumbling upon this site a year or two ago, I just had to build an APH.

So, after a bunch of interruptions, distractions, and planning, I present: my APH!

(pictures attached)

This thing has great power, shot time, and range (compared to the soakers i'm used to, anyway), and i'm pretty happy with it. The pump action is really smooth as well. My only complain is at high pressures, (about 20 pumps) the pump leaks, but other than that it's great.

Thanks!
Attachments
PumpAssembly.JPG
WTBMsAPH.JPG
PumpCloseup.JPG

zeda.beta

Re: WesTheBotMaster's APH

Post by zeda.beta » Sun May 15, 2011 9:47 pm

Nice job on the build, and those are some huge PC's! Just wondering, how does it handle? Can you maneuver well, and is it comfortable to hold for long periods of time?

Just some ideas for improvement, as ergonomics can turn a great weapon into an amazing one.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

WesTheBotMaster

Post by WesTheBotMaster » Mon May 16, 2011 2:52 am

Thanks! I was originally going to make the PCs taller(12", these ones are 9"), but I think this is just about the perfect length.

The gun is not as cumbersome and bulky as I thought it would be. If I didn't have the strap, it would be awful, but the strap makes it quite easy to carry.

The only thing is, it is top-heavy, so if you aren't careful, the gun will flip upside down.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Mon May 16, 2011 7:33 pm

hehe, nice^^ How much ml does the PC hold and how much is the pump- volume each stroke ?

Furthermore are you thinking of adding a backpack ?
A gunner has to do what his Soaker requires...

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Mon May 16, 2011 11:45 pm

Seems great, and that part about the balance is something that could make the gun amazing. Try moving the reservoir to the underside of the gun, and have a dual strap arrangement, one for each shoulder.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

WesTheBotMaster

Post by WesTheBotMaster » Tue May 17, 2011 3:41 am

@-G-JiV-, the PCs are 1547 ml (all together, from my calculations), and the pump is ~65 ml.

I keep debating between a backpack and an onboard reservoir. Here is how (ish) I would make the reservoir: (attached image).

I realize there would have to be some sort of tubing going inside the reservoir to the bottom. Has anyone done something like that before?

I think for now I will go with a few milk jugs in a backpack and some tubing, until I can decide what I want to do finally.
Attachments
reservoir.png

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Wed May 18, 2011 8:37 pm

I built up a APH with 2500ml PC-volume and a pump-volume of 180 ml :)

http://forums.sscentral.org/t6319/

THe bottles where replaced by 5x 2 litre soda bottles :D This is such a beast...hehe!
A gunner has to do what his Soaker requires...