spring mod

Threads about water gun modifications.
kylemw9

spring mod

Post by kylemw9 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:17 am

id like to know how to do a spring mod it would be helpful

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:57 am

This is a fair point - there is currently no guide on the main site. However, I do not know exactly how it is done.

My suggestion to you is to use the Search function, as I am certain that there is at least one post here on how to do it.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:51 pm

I've never heard of such a thing, but then again, I haven't been here too long. However, you might be thinking of something that has a more conventional name--so if you could outline exactly what happens in the mod, then I might be able to identify what you're talking about. Sorry for being so unhelpful...

kylemw9

Post by kylemw9 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:17 pm

i would tell you but i don't know i belive it was on the k-mod page for an alternitive for the ww guns

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:20 pm

The spring modification is simple: you put a spring in the chambers of a Blazer to increase the resistance of the rubber.

Now, admittedly, only one person has done this modification . Read blaze's original thread for his version of this modification, but please be aware that he is extremely self-promotive, shouldn't be taken seriously, and has been banned (for an example of his self-promotiveness, at least 5 people thought of this modification and posted about it before he did, yet he claims to be the original inventor). blaze later reported poor improvement and eventually his Blazer broke. I would not recommend the spring modification if you intend on using your Blazer. It sounds to me as if the Blazer is not design for higher performance, especially given the smaller internal diameter which does not allow for high flow.

As for what kind of spring to use and such, I wouldn't know most of the details. I've never opened a Blazer but I have seen images of one open. blaze did say that a "naked" spring would damage the rubber, but that's about all I can remember from what he told me and his thread. If you could do the spring modification and write a guide on it, I'm sure someone else would appreciate it. I'm also sure that the additional perspective on the modification would be appreciated - the spring modification has not had a good reputation from the single report we've had.

kylemw9

Post by kylemw9 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:23 pm

thanks is any other mods i could do to my blazer without cutting out the check valve

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:24 pm

Thanks for clearing that up, Ben. The thing is, this mod would appear to add inconsistent power--so after doing the mod, you'll actually experience dropoff on what was supposed to be a pure Hydro Power soaker! A better solution might be to epoxy (if it's strong enough) or clamp a rubber sheet or more over the original one found in the Blazer.

EDIT: Didn't see the last post. This is the fourth such question I've seen in three days (what mods can I do). Check out "Which modifications can I do to X water gun?" m15399 listed basically every known modification (hey, I just noticed the spring mod), though it looks like you can't do a power mod if you're not doing a CVF. You could do a reservoir expansion, add more nozzles, drill or remove a nozzle, add a strap, or even remove the PC casing (which I doubt you will do). You could do a reinforcement, but like the CVF, it's probably not needed unless you do a power mod.
Last edited by Silence on Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kylemw9

Post by kylemw9 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:33 pm

hmm i'll just drill in a new nozzle if can ever get the stupid selector off i can't seem to find a proper screw driver for it.

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:43 pm

Remember, Ben just noted the small internal diameter of the Blazer's barrel; so if you're enlarging a nozzle, be wary of making it even wider than the barrel. When that happens, "drooping" comes into effect, and performance basically sucks.

kylemw9

Post by kylemw9 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:50 pm

Hmm wonder how I could fix that because if possible but I don't think so now I'd like to add A 20x nozzle that would be kinda cool.

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:53 pm

You should also remember, though, that we're talking about output. If you have high stream speed on a smaller nozzle, then you could still have a lot of output--and the extra range might also make you content. However, the only way to do that is to do a CVF and a rubber sheet mod. If you're really after the performance, you should just do a few power mods anyway.

kylemw9

Post by kylemw9 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:03 pm

SilentGuy wrote:You should also remember, though, that we're talking about output. If you have high stream speed on a smaller nozzle, then you could still have a lot of output--and the extra range might also make you content. However, the only way to do that is to do a CVF and a rubber sheet mod. If you're really after the performance, you should just do a few power mods anyway.
is there a way I could increase the velocity on the smallest stream thats the stream who's range i'm most pleased with.

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:05 pm

Sorry, but I don't understand your question. By increase the speed of the stream, the output will increase, no matter what size the nozzle is; and the range will also increase. You increase the speed by doing power mods such as the rubber sheet mod.

Could you please start utilizing better grammar and spelling? It's getting slightly annoying, no offense to you.

kylemw9

Post by kylemw9 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:27 pm

Sorry about the grammar and spelling I keep forgetting to use the spell check.I don't really know what A rubber sheet mod is could you explain?

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:30 pm

Sure, that was just a tip...here at SSC, we're pretty strict about keeping the forums neat. We're happy to have you, and your posts never got too bad...I've seen completely unreadable things here, but those members usually ended up banned (rare) or just never showed up again. Also, those weren't people who showed up looking to learn, so it's good to have them gone.