Adding nozzle selector mod

Threads about water gun modifications.
Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:38 pm

I'm planning to add the nozzle selector mod to the CPS 1200. But do I need to prise off the end cap around the nozzle? And if so, how would I do that?

Also are there any other Things I should consider when attempting this mod?
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:22 pm

a CPS 1200 has only one nozzle, why would you need a selector now? If you have modified it in some way to have different nozzles, do share that mod with us, I do not think many people have attempted it. Until that is answered, I really can't help you. Post back!

-Jade

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:41 pm

Be careful when sawing off the front end of the nozzle. Besides that do exactly what Doom says in the article and you'll be done in no time.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:56 pm

Originally posted by Jadefalcon09@Dec 16 2004, 03:22 PM
a CPS 1200 has only one nozzle, why would you need a selector now? If you have modified it in some way to have different nozzles, do share that mod with us, I do not think many people have attempted it. Until that is answered, I really can't help you. Post back!

-Jade
[snapback]20309[/snapback]

Actually, it's a rather new modification I pioneered that nearly no one knowns about. Much more information is available if you didn't know about it. I believe several people have tried it.

(Amazing that spell check says all this if correct! I am so pleased that I installed this board modification&#33 ;)

The nozzle casing is what I believe you are talking about Gaunt. I never have opened a gun like that, though I'd imagine all you need to do is pry it off. From there, you should find something similar to what is seen in the article. B)

Edit: I'm still surprised no one has taken note of the foot and sock in the lower left corner of the bottom-most picture. :P

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:05 pm

Thankyou, I should do it this weekend!
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

DX

Post by DX » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:55 pm

(Amazing that spell check says all this if correct!
It still doesn't do grammar. :P But a spell checker is a big step forward though.
Anyway, back to the nozzle selector mod, I am one of those who has tried it and I love that mod. It has awesome results and doesn't take long at all! Also, if you already have electrical tape and a saw then all you have to spend is like a dollar for the endcaps and male adaptor. It's that simple. Plus, it could boost your range by up to ten feet. Or at least that was on my 21000s, I've never done a nozzle mod to a stock gun so I wouldn't know. The only thing you have to watch out about is not damaging the screen inside the nozzle. If you are careful, though, you won't need to worry about it. Also make sure you put the adaptor on tight and securely enough or else a little bit of water will leak out when you shoot your gun. Other than that, just follow the pictures if you are unsure of anything. B)
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:14 am

Yeah. Make sure the male adapter is on tight. The first time Dux shot his 21000 after the mod, the whole adapter and nozzle cap came off! :Hey, that's funny.: So just keep that in mind as well. B)

Edit: S&G

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

DX

Post by DX » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:51 am

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! When I shot my first nozzle modded CPS 21000 the male adaptor was not secure enough and it flew off the gun across my backyard! :Hey, that's funny.:
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

USSA

Post by USSA » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:07 pm

The mod (hey that doesn't count as a miss spelled word, awesome) works great. I must say however if you are using a CPS 2100 mk. 2 you can simply thread on a 1/2" female adapter onto the screwed off nozzle location. Then you can add a an underground plumbing part (sorry if my terminology is off). At the end of this a male cap (with drill holes) can be screwed on. This version however only works on the mk. 2.

Note: I HAVE done your version of the mod on a mk. 3 and this works fine also.