Super Soaker internals project

Threads about water gun modifications.
SSCBen

Super Soaker internals project

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:20 pm

For a website better suited to people's questions, I have decided that we need a lot more internal images and information on opening individual water guns. I've been working on a new repair center, and because about half of the repairs require opening a blaster and identifying parts, internals would be really helpful.

To summarize what I'd like to have on our website:

- A paragraph describing how the water gun was opened, with pictures if possible. If the water gun is a specific version or mark, please specify.
- A large image of the internals, preferably backed up by some more close-up images.
- A picture of the check valve configuration so we can identify exactly where to cut.

Submit your images and information to me via email or by attaching the image to this thread. Thank you if you can provide a submission. ;)

Again, I think everyone would appreciate it greatly if we could get enough internal images and opening information. This will help reduce a lot of the common questions we receive and also help people who are reluctant to do anything without pictures.

:)

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:36 pm

What if there was one subforum (ie Repairs) in which anybody could post, even without a membership--but with a few restrictions, such as no more than 5 posts per day to prevent spamming the forums. There are many people who come here with a small problem and post for a day or two, and then leave when their problem is solved--I'm not against them by any means, and in fact, having this system might increase the amount of people who get their problem solved. Then again, many people find this site by looking for repair help, and then continue to post...

Well, I was just throwing an idea out there, but it probably isn't the best. If you were really (or only partly, for that matter) keen on repairing your soaker, you'd join anyway. But yes, we should certainly encourage pictures, and maybe have step-by-step walkthroughs for some of the mods (though the articles come pretty close as it is). In the end, we should encourage reading the site before the forums--especially once a strong repairs/mods section is made.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:02 pm

I can provide images of the Hydroblade, CPS 3200, SS 100, SS 50 and SS 30.

Aside from that, my other soakers are too heavily modified/damaged to be of much use.

As an aside, would you like an article on my copper SPCgH?
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston