FF mod questions

Threads about water gun modifications.
stealth

Post by stealth » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:56 pm

Hey I just picked up a FF and I've been browsing around here for modding info. You guys have some pretty good info!

Anyway to intro myself.. I'm 20 and in the technology field with background in mechanics, physics and electronics. I usually mod other things like comp case, rc cars (put a weedwacker motor in it and it broke cuz too powerful Hey, that's funny.) and I made a supersoaker into a powerful nerf gun.. now I'm just trying to see what kind of things I can do to this new toy.

If you guys could help me with a few questions, I'd greatly appreciate it:
1. Where is the PC on this gun? I've seen the internals from "hunter"'s picture and a close up on another thread but until I open my own I'm not quite sure where this is hidden

2. when you mod the pc do you wrap the pc in tube or do you put the old tube inside a new tube? etc

3. when you plug the check valve is it possible to stick in a pressure gauge to make sure you don't' over pump? I'm thinking its going to be hard to secure it in there so the pressure doesn't pop it out

Thanks in adv

Jon

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:47 pm

Hey, Welcome to SSC.

1. The PC for the Flash Flood is at the top of the soaker.

2. To collosus your soaker, you place the tubing on the outside of the rubber PC.

3. When you cut out the check valve, I suppose you could stick a pressure gauge inside the valve. But then you would need to make a hole in the casing so that you can see it. I don't think it is really necessary. CPS technology has a method for letting you know when you can't pump anymore. Once this happens, the PC has expanded to its limits and will not expand anymore, no matter how much more you pump.

Hope this helps.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:58 pm

You could always cut a coin sized hole in the pc's case to see when it has hit it's limits. For me though, I just get a good feel for the gun so that I know when it will hit it's limits before it does so. A good example is my cps 2700. If counting full pumps, mine takes 24 but just by the feel of the gun when pumping it up I know it's pc is near full.

stealth

Post by stealth » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:17 pm

Thanks guys, thats going to get me started

I was thinking... If I could put a mechanism to squeeze the PC on firing the air would be pushed out faster.

What I mean is like an inverted bladder.. think of a second bladder in the same PC that expands making the primary one contract faster. I don't think using air from the first bladder would be a good idea though..

but the concept is that the bladder uses elastic energy to push air out.. ie. if I took out the PC case and squeezed the bladder as it deflated I would be able to force water out faster.. what mechanism can I use to "squeeze" the bladder? *shurgs* maybe I'll fill the PC with butane and hook a BBQ igniter to my trigger...

Found some air pressure amplifiers on google.. wondering how they work:
http://www.process-controls.com/techsal ... lifier.htm
http://www.flw.com/haskel/3.htm

Sorry for any dupes, only did a quick search.

Jon

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:13 pm

Welcome to Super Soaker Central!

Here's a general rule (it's even mentioned in our rules): don't apologize for silly little things such as not finding something in a search!

As people said before, the Collosus Super Soaker modification does exactly what you wanted to make a modification to do - it "squeezes" the PC. Please read the guide. ;)