paintball?

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
scout sniper

Post by scout sniper » Tue May 11, 2004 7:18 pm

anyone here play paintball just wondering
Banned for Ban Evasion, as he is sniper.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Tue May 11, 2004 8:45 pm

I have never tried it. I really want to sometime
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Tue May 11, 2004 8:51 pm

I haven't, and don't really want to. Water warfare, with cheaper ammo, has more attraction for me. It doesn't hurt as much as well, apparently.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Tue May 11, 2004 10:01 pm

Paintball is more fun with all the equipment and terrain and stuff. Most people also think that water guns are "wussy" compared to paintball. I still think both are and would be fun.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

DX

Post by DX » Tue May 11, 2004 11:47 pm

I personally would never play paintball. Too expensive, a single gun can cost up to $1000, most ive seen are up $600.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

blueviper

Post by blueviper » Wed May 12, 2004 12:59 am

you must not have looked very hard, a lot of guns are around $100 for goggles Co2, the gun and everything.

death angel

Post by death angel » Mon May 31, 2004 1:08 pm

I think that paintball is awsum. I [lay it all the time.
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Mon May 31, 2004 3:43 pm

I played once, the rental guns they gave us were tippman 98 customs. reliable gun, but loud. then of course the management of the place started playing with their uber-quiet $1000 paintball guns...
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Mon May 31, 2004 4:42 pm

I've played once. I prefer airsoft, and super soakers. Airsoft is fun because most of the guns are models of real guns. Gives a more realalistic feel to everything. doesn't hurt as much as paintbal. I've only drawn blood once but that was with my rifle. Plus these are way cheaper. For a high powered fully automatic gas uzzi, you lay down $300. Or you could get a spring powered handgun for $15. Your choice. I Don't play as often anymore because I used to live right nexs to a forest. Now I live on the beach where super soakers are more fun. Plus the forest offered cover from neighbors eyes. If the orange tip breaks off, or even if it doesn't, you could easily be mistaken for a terrorist. Be careful everyone.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight » Mon May 31, 2004 8:53 pm

airsoft owns paintball! I have a kwc ultra grade desert eagle .50AE, boy does it shoot hard! it cracked a coke can full of water from 30 ft away! it weighs a ton! more than a kilo! convert to airsoft and you will be spared! :mellow:
http://xs7.xs.to/pics/04512/sig2.jpg
-whoamg, I can't put ANY anime girl in my sig without doom deleting it. =\

senormario

Post by senormario » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:10 pm

Come on use the lingo it's "deagle" not some XPBackfire-esquepy desrt eagle I mean come on. And paintball owns airsoft you actually don't want to get hit because it hurts. So that brings a realistic role into it. Also tipman 98 costum are good guns they are relaible like neo said. They also cost around 150 I think for everything but it depends what you want so it can change a lot hence the name costum. :P

Jangadance

Post by Jangadance » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:16 pm

Originally posted by blueviper@May 11 2004, 07:59 PM
you must not have looked very hard, a lot of guns are around $100 for goggles Co2, the gun and everything.
First of all, C02 and paint is an expendable resource, so a one-time purchase of $100 doesn't mean you can play with that setup for years. And speaking of setups, I come to my second point: it's never enough just to buy a shoddy entry-level PB marker, you NEED upgrades. New hoppers, barrels, etc. And THAT will bring up the price of a standard paintball gun by a bunch.

Also, for everyone who loves a war game because it's "realistic"... I'm 19, if I wanted real war I would join the US Army. Get me some money for college while I'm at it. Point is, play what's fun, it's just a game no matter what you play. And personally, getting shot with BBs from realistic Airsoft guns that you can get arrested for carrying in public doesn't seem like fun to me. My $0.02.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:15 am

Yeah, but airsoft is so cheap. For $30 you can get a decent handgun, and enough BB's to last you a year.
BlueSoak.net

ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:42 am

you think airsoft doesn't hurt? look at this, PAINTBALL PANSY! Hey, that's funny. j/k
http://www.tacticalair.com/closerange.jpg

HyperEdit: Bit disturbing really. Ill just let it click through. Nice swiss cheese outta that guys face though.
http://xs7.xs.to/pics/04512/sig2.jpg
-whoamg, I can't put ANY anime girl in my sig without doom deleting it. =\

blueviper

Post by blueviper » Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:19 pm

Originally posted by Jangadance+Jun 2 2004, 04:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jangadance @ Jun 2 2004, 04:16 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-blueviper@May 11 2004, 07:59 PM
First of all, C02 and paint is an expendable resource, so a one-time purchase of $100 doesn't mean you can play with that setup for years. And speaking of setups, I come to my second point: it's never enough just to buy a shoddy entry-level PB marker, you NEED upgrades. New hoppers, barrels, etc. And THAT will bring up the price of a standard paintball gun by a bunch.

Also, for everyone who loves a war game because it's "realistic"... I'm 19, if I wanted real war I would join the US Army. Get me some money for college while I'm at it. Point is, play what's fun, it's just a game no matter what you play. And personally, getting shot with BBs from realistic Airsoft guns that you can get arrested for carrying in public doesn't seem like fun to me. My $0.02. [/b][/quote]
did I say they were good guns? no. And you Don't NEED upgrades. Yes thats right, you Don't NEED them.