Infinite Supply

General water gun discussion.
NYwRiter94

Infinite Supply

Post by NYwRiter94 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:30 pm

Could I not connect a running hose to something like a Monster XL and have an unlimited supply of water? Granted, it will restrict movement quite a bit, but how much will you be moving with one of those babies?

Silence

Re: Infinite Supply

Post by Silence » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:37 pm

Actually, it's one of the few water guns that allows filling via the hose, thanks to the "super charger" nozzle in front. If you plug in a quick-fill device, you'll be able to both fill and pressurize the gun. I wouldn't use it as a permanent attachment, though – just fill it up and remove it, and then you can use both the water gun and the hose at once.

NYwRiter94

Post by NYwRiter94 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:48 pm

Yeah, I guess. It's best use would be for smaller guns that don't have much capacity, but that would defeat the point of small weaponry. I guess it's a tough decision: mobility for capacity.

cantab

Post by cantab » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:13 pm

To be honest, you may as well just use the hose directly as a weapon.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Specter

Post by Specter » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:39 pm

Actually. Some of the Storm guns (no longer available in stores) had an attachment called the Unlimitor which screwed onto the reservoir and to a hose and you had unlimited ammo. Most of the Storm guns were pressurized reservoir. This attachment makes it so you dont have to pump, the hose provides the pressure.
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:03 pm

Just build a VHS. With a good nozzle, any garden hose can challenge even the best CPS's, and definately outrange any Monster.

I'd suggest a backpack as well. Build it as shown here, and attach the tube either directly to a rubber cork or to another tube that goes into the cork. Just drill a hole in the cork the size of the tubing and stick it in, then stick the cork into the reservoir of any gun it fits into. Corks can be found in the hardware section of Lowes or Home Depot. This gives you as much water as you're willing to carry, up to 5 gallons. If you need a turret emplacement far from a hose, you can use tons of water in a series of tanks with the gun attached to them. Or you could go with less water and carry it around. If you're carrying it, don't put in more than 2 gallons or you could bust your back from the weight. (if you don't bust the backpack first)

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:50 am

I didn't say not to take advantage of the quick-fill device. From what I recall it takes about fifty solid pumps to fully pressurize the Monster XL, and the hose can do all of that for you. :cool:

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:09 pm

Wouldn't it be better just to buy an ordinary garden hose nozzle and use that as a weapon instead?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Not necessarily. A garden hose is limited to however much water is flowing through the hose. With a separate gun you can store energy and release it quicker than the hose alone could. In other words, a water gun could store up a very large shot while attached to the hose and released it very quickly (say 3 or more liters per second, which is not achievable with most garden hoses).

If you don't want powerful bursts or continuous streams of higher flow than the garden hose, then a garden hose is simpler. Most taps do well in terms of performance so garden hoses are suitable for most situations.