Hi everyone--noob question

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
catnapped

Hi everyone--noob question

Post by catnapped » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:52 pm

From what I'd been reading, I think I know the answer...does a busted CPS2000 (mk1) have any value? I leave mine around to chase away stray cats and yesterday after having used it, then pumped back to 3/4, I put it back on the patio chair. Hear a BOOM a few minutes later then find a flood of water leaking out from the bottom (joint where the tank and gun body meet). Opened it up and found out what many other have before--tube blew apart to the front of where the pressure indicator mark is (it's definitely busted open, not loose).

Seeing as the fix is rather cost prohibitive ($35 ain't happening right now), I figured I'd inquire if it has any value as a "fixer upper" before I toss it out.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:25 pm

It has serious value. People will pay large amounts even for a damaged one. ($50-$100 - I think.)
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:25 pm

Welcome to the SSCentral forums, and I hope your problem gets fixed!

Do you mind going into detail about the problem? I'm sure a repair can be done for far less money...so really, all I'm looking for is a picture. We'd even be happy to move this thread to the Repairs forum if desired.

People might pay a lot of money, but they'd pay even more for a fixed one with, perhaps, a replaced and more powerful bladder, if you don't want it yourself.