I WANT TO BUILD A THE WATER GUN

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
ramz435

I WANT TO BUILD A THE WATER GUN

Post by ramz435 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:03 am

I CAN PRETTY MUCH DO THE BASICS AND SEE HOW THE PIECES GO TOGETHER BUT IM THINKING (SINCE BEN SAID IF YOUR NEW YOU SHOULDNT BE MAKING THIS GUN, REFERING TO THE STANDARD APH GUN) THAT WHEN IT COMES TO THE ACTUAL PUMPER THAT THERES MORE TO IT....CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN OR SEND SOME PHOTOS WITH MORE DETAIL ON THE PUMPER NOT ONLY ABOUT THE PUMPER BUT OTHER THINGS YOU THINK THAT ARE MORE COMPLEX THAN WHAT MEETS THE EYE IN THE OUTLINE
Last edited by ramz435 on Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: grammer

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:30 am

Welcome to Super Soaker Central.

First off, before I say anything else, reading a paragraph that's all in caps and has no periods or commas is pretty difficult. This is a help us help you type thing: write with correct capitalization and use periods and commas! I can barely read it when you don't.

I don't think I ever said the gun wasn't for new people. Most people who build the gun are new. Something to think about.

Anyway, there's nothing more to the pump than what is said in the article. I get a lot of emails asking for "more detail," but in reality there's not much more I can give other than what's already in the article. Everything you need to know is detailed in the article. I wouldn't leave out important details, even when I wrote that two years ago. I can address specific concerns however. What problem exactly are you having with the pump?

The pump is relatively simple. Just two check valves in the right direction, a rod, a seal, and a stopper. That's the most complicated part of the water gun and it's not even very complicated.

Here's another article on the pump's seal: http://www.geocities.com/m15399/pumps.html

Did this help? Again, let me know what exactly your problem is with the pump. I think the problem might be that the article wasn't written step-by-step enough for some people. Everything you need to know is there.

:)

ramz435

I got it now

Post by ramz435 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:54 pm

I looked around in the forums and found out. your link also made it more clear. It's just that i thought there would be alittle more to it inside, its actually a pretty basic setup....
.I also had some questions for the backpack. do i place a good, durable plastic sheet inside? and puncture a hole and insert the valve and put some clamps. Im pretty sure theres a better way or if not let me know, thanks.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:30 pm

Welcome to the forums! Yup, your second post is a lot easier to read. Thanks! :)

There isn't an actual link to the backpack mod in the APH article, but that's what you will likely use. The trashbag backpack is a neat design and all, but when I make my next water gun, it'll probably just have a reservoir built out of PVC on the gun itself. Makes things much simpler.

However, if you're looking for water capacity, nothing beats a backpack.

ramz435

thanks

Post by ramz435 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:24 pm

thanks, it was helpful.................................................................................................................................