Used CPS 1700 Pump

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
theicemonkey

Post by theicemonkey » Sat May 21, 2005 3:01 am

I just got a used CPS 1700 off of Ebay for $20.50 and it shoots wonderfully and it brings joy to my heart. However, I have noticed that some water comes out of the pump shaft in front as I'm pressuring the gun...can this be remedied? It's not that big of a deal considering the price I got on the gun and how much I wanted it, but is there a way to fix this?

Also, the trigger is reallllllly easy to pull and I'm a little worried this means it could break easily. Has anyone with a 1700 needed to do a trigger reinforcement? The trigger on my 4100 broke off (I didn't do it...) and I'm wondering if the 1700 is known for a having a weak trigger. Thanks!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat May 21, 2005 10:37 am

You can improve the seal with electrical tape. Another alternative is to replace the current pump with one that seals better.

Try the electrical tape repair first, and if the electrical tape is ineffective, use a similar pump from another water gun that you are not using.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Mon May 30, 2005 3:53 pm

Moving to Tech - [Repairs], maybe someone there will have further hints or instructions? I'll see what I can do in terms of additional information.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:54 am

From looking at your post it sounds like there may be a leak in the tubing. The only way to find out is open your gun and get some water through the gun. I apologize on the response time, write back if you still need help.