The great moments of soaker wars

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Weaseldood

Post by Weaseldood » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:05 pm

Have you had any great, weird or funny things happening in water wars? A good soak, a weird incident or something like that?

I haven't had much wars, but I'll tell you about one funny little thing that happened while I was testing my OLD XP 15. I had covered the end(The one with the cap) of the reservoir with epoxy, because it leaked and the day after I went out to test it. I filled it, screwed the cap on and started to pump. Apparently the gun's reservoir was _very_ weak as the cap(and a part of the reservoir too) shot off from the gun like a cork from a champagne bottle. I was holding the gun slighty tilted upwards and right in front of me, so I got soaked pretty badly.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:46 pm

Moving to the forum called Wars... :Hey, that's funny.:
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:06 pm

I've had several CPS chamber poppings in wars, all from my homemades. The additional stress I put on the chambers by Collosusing them appears to push them to the limits. It's funny to see someone using The Beast and then you heard this loud and low popping noise, with a bunch of water pouring out of the chamber. The Beast is out of commision until I get some more tubing. I will try to be more carful this time, the tube I put in her was old, possibly it was the damage that caused the rupture.

I'll try to remember some other incidents... that's all I can recall right now.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:35 pm

Nibor and I were filming some stream shots one day, he would stand on the porch while I took shots at the camera from out in the yard. Each shot would land a few feet in front of him and the streams looked nice coming right at the camera. Anyway, both of our 4100's were on the grass, his was set on 8.5x, mine on 20x. I was going to shoot the 20x, as it would be impressive and doesn't go too far, so I wouldn't get Nibor or the camera wet. So I picked up one of them, assuming it was mine and shot it. The gun was really Robin's, and the 8.5x stream soaked him. :Hey, that's funny.:
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:16 am

It was my team against Blaze's and we were battling at the borders of their territory. We were being slowly pushed back do to the enemy's supirior weaponry, and lack of one man. Lucky for us, Blaze didn't know that man was gone.
Suddenly out of no where, a bush started moving, and goes running toward our flag. Everyone quickely realizes that its no bush. Its one of my men in heavy guille suit running up our hill with the enemy flag. We won, and what came out of Blaze's mouth next was very amusing.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:56 pm

I was testing my MD5K the other day, (I had just epoxied where the pump shaft connects to the reservoir) I forgot to put the screws back in.
When I pumped it, I heard a pop, and it fell apart in my hands.

Then when I checked out the damage, I saw I was short one of those metal rods for the trigger mechanism.(I've been trying to make one ever since) I never found it.

EDIT: changed I to I

^This was made by Superstormer. What, do you think it got here on its own?

Super Sonic

Post by Super Sonic » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:12 pm

Once I was using a stream machine type of gun right next to a small waste basket filled with water, the gun was empty and someone was coming at me with a Helix. Having left no choice I picked up the makeshift bucket and drenched him. Amazingly enough I got more range than the Helix.
"Rejoice not over me my enemy, for when I fall, I shall in turn arise." Micah 7:8

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:35 pm

One was where I was battling my neighbors, it was me and my best friend vs them, they were hiding in their swingset, my friend was holding them both off, one turned around looking for me, I was nowhere in sight. He assumed that I went inside for a drink, but I was really going around the house and in the woods, they were like "Where could [my name] be?" So then I tripped in the woods and made tons of noise, nobody noticed, then I pulled out my 12000 and shot them from 40 feet away, they left then screaming.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:14 pm

On the 4th of July every year, I hold a soaker war and two years ago, it was every man for themself. I was cornered by a few people that I knew and right when I thought I was drenched, they all turned around and grabbed this kid on my block and held him down. Eventually we got him into a jumper in front of my neighbors house where we hit him with everything we had, water balloons, buckets of water, cps water guns, you name it. ^_^ Too bad we can't have jumpers at the party now though.

vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:09 pm

Uhh, what's a jumper?

^This was made by Superstormer. What, do you think it got here on its own?

Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:38 pm

Isn't it a harness? Owell, but with me I once was charging the enemy with a splashzooka, and a person on the other team had a cps 1000 and was standing there and right before I pulled the trigger he pulled his. Only a few drips came out and then I just totaly soaked him. He forgot to pump the cps and just ran after I got a 2-3 seconds of water on him. :Hey, that's funny.:

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:55 am

Jumper -
/ JUMPER\
l #### l
l #### l
l #### l
OOOOOOOO\__

# is netting
O is those tubes that kids jump on
\__ exit

Timmitop

Post by Timmitop » Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:14 pm

Jumper -
/ JUMPER\
l #### l
l #### l
l #### l
OOOOOOOO\__

# is netting
O is those tubes that kids jump on
\__ exit
Do you mean a moonwalk?

One time I was at my friends house and we were fighting his sister. He had some party balloons that he filled up with water. When he threw one at his sister, it bounced off onto the concrete, but still remained intact. He threw it at her again, and the same thing happened. But when he went to pick it up for the third time, it popped in his hands. By that time I had run and gotten his pre pumped CPS 1500 and unloaded the pc into hos sister's back. She got really mad and started crying because the force of the party balloons smacking into her. We didn't battle her anymore.

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:23 am

Once we were having a war and my freinds brother took my 4100 and kept soaking us so I got it back.My riend held him down and I pulled the triger nothing happened but a snap.I had to soak him with xp 220s :(
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!