Tactical Scenario: Attacking Reed Hill

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
DX

Post by DX » Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:21 pm

Here's a tactical scenario for you all, as I think this could be interesting to see what people would do in the same situation. This is a real place, and the terrain, weapons, and supplies actually exist. [Your arsenal will be fictional]
You are in the CFM's battlefield. There is a section with large woodchip mounds where the town dumps, well, woodchips. On one of the hills there is a strong fortification where the enemy team [combat strength: 10] has retreated to. You have 10 as well, and your team has reorganized and is together. You are also the commander of your team. This fort is on one of the tallest hills, named Reed Hill for the reed grass at the rear. The front is steep, about 20 something feet, and there is a 4ft. tall wall made of logs and is covered in mulch. The wall runs about 15ft. along the front of the hill. On the left side of the hill there is a patch of plants and a tiny area that gently slopes down. Directly above it is the back of the wall, where 4 men are taking shelter. They can easily cover this weak spot. Further along the back of the hill there are tall, thick reeds that you can't get through. On the right side of the hill the enemy defenses come to a V shape and slope away towards the reeds. The wall ends, but enemy line is on a natural ridge with a ditch behind it. This whole area is above the rest of the field, so you are on the hill, but the enemy is entrenched with a slight height advantage. The remaining 5 men are defending this part of the hill, with the ditch and bushes for cover. Hopefully that wasn't too confusing, the place is hard to describe. The enemy has a CPS 2500, 2 4100's, a 2700, a 1500, a 21000, 4 2100's, and about 60 water balloons. They also have about 10 liters of water in bottles and 8 huge jugs holding 5 gallons apiece. Your team has a Monster XL, 3 2100's, 2 1700's, a Max-D 6000 and 2 Max-D 5000's. You also have 75 water balloons, a water balloon launcher, and 2 jugs holding 5 gallons of water each. If you run out of water, the attack is over. Your team is in front of the hill, waiting for you to make an attack strategy. This is 1HK, and no one is out yet. Can you win this fight? What will you do?
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Storm

Post by Storm » Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:45 pm

I'd leave an MXL user behind and one CPS 1700 user. The rest I'd order to grab the remaining guns and follow me. I would also bring along the water balloons in a large pale... If I have one (Hey, that's funny.). As soon as I am approximately 70 feet from the enemy I would tell the WBL-guy to start firing. I'd have a CPS 1700 user run up a bit farther and hide, preparing to snipe anyone alarmed by the WBL. As soon as I picked off a few men I would charge with all my men.
Storm

DX

Post by DX » Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:48 pm

The only problem with that is that you are in front of the hill, in a large, open space. If you stay there, the enemy can see your every move from the hill. There is another hill behind you, but its too far away to use to attack. Also, I'm assuming that your charge would be a frontal one. That would mean having 8 guys charging 20ft up a near vertical slope of which there are 4 defenders firing away from behind a wall on the top. It might work, who knows.

Storm

Post by Storm » Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:05 pm

Hey, that's funny., probably not. Oh well I'm a chance taker and if I had a WBL along my side I think I'd take the chance.
Storm

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:59 pm

How accurate is the WBL launcher? How many people does it require to operate?

If it's an air-pressure one-man contraption, I'd use that person as a sniper to pick off one or two enemies while the rest of the team start a fake assault.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

hooligan

Post by hooligan » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:21 pm

I would...

Have a 2100 and the MXL stay behind, bring the WBL forward on the right side, smash the 4 people close to the wall with a WBL, move forward, have everyone concentrate their fire on the 5 behind the reeds and bushs. They should do I higher angle shots to get the reach over the reeds on on the group of 5's heads. We then have the Water Jugs to help our CPS's refill as our Max-D's cover for us, then reverse, having our 2100's cover for Max-D's. I have the 2100/MXL come down from the hill, from the inside left side, and our force (with the WBL) moves toward the left side from the outer side of the wall. This pincers the stragglers of the 4 group. We then move toward the 5 man group slowly. We launch WB's at the 5 group and have them run into the open, where we have our MXL, 2100's and 1700's, smash away. Congrats we won.
<span style='color:red'>Because Hooligans are
1)Useless
2)Pointless
3)Redundant
4)Useless
5)Pointless
6)Redundant

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:00 pm

The WBL is the type with a sling that takes 3 people to operate. Accuracy is ok, depends on the people holding it.
[at] Hooligan-remember that the defenders can shift positions very quickly, and that it is difficult to get the right angle of the launcher to hit the men behind the wall.
Also the left flank is the strongest section of the defense and the thick reeds are at the back of the hill. The pincer idea is nice, though.

Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:55 am

I'd put all the guns in sniping mode except for the MXL and Max-Ds. The MXL would protect the water baloons and the WBL. The (water gun using) snipers would pick off as many guys as they could without geting shot. Then they would regroup with the MXL and start up the hill. The WBL would provide cover and when half the enemy was soaked the WBL would make it's way up the hill. When he got to the top, the remaining enemy would be forced on to their knees with the WBL at point blank to their head and get shot with the MXL (moving=getting shot with the MXL and the WBL while geting thrown down the hill :D .)

edit-spelt sniping snipping.

hooligan

Post by hooligan » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:58 am

Fine, Faster Solution...

Run Down the Hill In an all out, then stop right outta their range. Take blind shots with the WBL until you can saturate the bushes on the right side. They should've moved already. Now, blind shot over the left side as 2 2100's and 1 1700 plus the Max D task force pincer the left and right side of the walls. Regroup if under fire. Now, send your Max-D task force forward, first, and using your mxl to clear their way. This should take the left wall 4 group straglers who didn't get hit by the WBL. The MAx-D's should take the brunt of the enemy defence of the group of 5, while you wipe away the enemys with hand thrown WB's and also MXL them, while feeding it water constantly. Then, switch to your 1700's and 2100's, form a circle, with soakers pointing outward and move slowly. If any enemies are spotted, disengage the circle formation, form a block (front takes brunt of attack and rear does long range) and desstroy them. This is an easy win or lose. If you are getting hit hard, disengage, and rolle away into the reed bushes. Then move back to the orignal base/wall. Have the MXL camp close to the middle of the home base hill, while the 2100's and 1700's refill, and also stay at the walls.

Then, send the 2100's and MXL forward, they should take out some enemies quick, while the 1700's beat down. The Max-D task force should be gone already and the WBL launcher has no purpose as there is no special target. IF no enemies appear, time to march into their base. Do a bit of trekking and look around for the enemy. Engage circle formation and find em. You're almost guaranteed to win due to your fine brute force and concentrated attack, while they are spread out.
<span style='color:red'>Because Hooligans are
1)Useless
2)Pointless
3)Redundant
4)Useless
5)Pointless
6)Redundant

DX

Post by DX » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:49 pm

I took pics of the area yesterday, I will get them up here as soon as they are developed and scanned. Hooligan's attack on the right side would probably work well. Howver his attack on the wall with the WBL wouldn't fare too well-its very hard to get the angle right. Also, you wouldn't be able to get too close to the hill before coming under fire. The defenders' 21k's can hit something 55 ft away, plus about 10 more due to the height advantage. So far using the WBL and sniping are the prevailing strategies.

goon

Post by goon » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:50 am

I didn't do the math, so I think u have more water than the opposing force, so u do a seiziure and conserve ammo, just stay barely with in the range of the forts guns. Surround all the sides and let them waste their water, and tell your people to conserve ammo, but shoot at the other force from time to time.

If the other force is on to your plan to let them waste ammo, just find a route through the reeds, a small force of maybe 4 people should slowly make thier way through the reeds, I say slow so you Don't make much of a disturbance in the reeds and keep the noise minimal, then u have your other 6 men make a diversion up front, throwing balloons and such.
96 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport, with 12's in the rear cab an amp under the bench and a Xplod player in the deck.

2003 Honda Rancher ES 4x4

blaze

Post by blaze » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:03 am

Hmm...I say get your entire team together and do a rush, and you gotta be yelling really loud. Scare the Hasbro HQ out of the other team. If you stop to shoot, they'll feel better. Gotta keep running and see what the do. Get in a close range fight. Oh and to be even better, use a WBL at close range or at least almost use it to scare the XPBackfire-esque out of the other team. Then when you're like 3 feet away from the people, almost punch the XPBackfire-esque out of them, to scare them more. They'll think you're fudgeing psycho and run away crying. B) :D B)

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:08 am

Your team would bee 3/4 gone before you got into range with that idea blaze. Never attack a steep hill in a 1HK match with out tactics. If its until they are soaked, you can get up there and soak em real good. Not in a 1HK blaze. Not in 1HK.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

blaze

Post by blaze » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:19 am

Oh...I never read that it was a 1HK. Whoops.

But that would be a pretty awesome idea if it was a play till you're soaked game. Oh well.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:30 am

First get the WBL, a 2100 and a 1700 out range of the enemy. Right in front of their base. The 2100 and 1700 are just to make it look like the WBL is worth something. Have all the waterballoons, and none of the water. Take basically random shots at the enemy, if you can see someone; fire at them. But its not too important. Of course, before those people even show their faces to the enemy, the rest of the squad (with CPS as primary, and any extra Max-D's and the MXL taking up the rear) needs to be dressed in camo, or dark clothing and sneak around to the rear by the reeds. From here they need to slowly sneak up to the left side off the wall. Jump too the bushed and use them as cover as you take out the wall defenses. At this point it is cruicial that you lose as little people as possible. If a 1700 goes down, a 2100 should use his weapon. Try to save the MXL.
If the wall defenses of the enemy have attacked the WBL and troops, concider them out. If they are all there, after eliminating them, signal those troops to come up, while defending the rest of the enemy troops. Hand the WBL operatiors Max-D's and set up the MXL bipod at the front line. Put it on shower/fan nozzles. It doesn't have an range, so use it against the large groups if they are pressing at you Dodge all 21K shots from the enemy. None of your weaponry can compete. Do not rush from this position. If anything drop back to the bushes again for cover. You can probably through waterballoons at least the 55 feet a 21K can shoot, so use that as your defense. If the enemy starts to retreat, use the WBL until they are out of range. Hopefully at this point you can hold your position as you have all your recorces, and are hopfully still at greater, or equal numbers to the enemy. Remember, assign the best guns as primary. If a 1700 goes down, give it to a Max-D, if there are no Max-D's give it to a 2100. The battle at this point is up to the skill of the squad.
Hey, that's funny., I had fun writing that one.
BlueSoak.net