CPS-1-3-5: Trigger issues.

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Lt.Winters

CPS-1-3-5: Trigger issues.

Post by Lt.Winters » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:43 am

Ok ever since I got my CPS 1-3-5, I couldn't pull the trigger for the single and triple nozzles until I pumped it to the max (must be those kids trying to press the triggers in those boxes). Which it made a snapping sound when the trigger "snapped" back out. Since I got it when I was still young and lacking in common sense, I thought it was normal.
Up until now it's starting to get annoying.

I've also noticed to pumping to to fire out the water instead. I know how to fix this problem but not sure how about to one listed above.
Could these two be related? :confused:
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:06 pm

These are probably related because the CPS 1-3-5 has a very different firing valve, a big departure from normal ones. A normal rubber band repair might not work.

Having only seen a few images of the firing valve of a CPS 1-3-5, I'd really appreciate some images of your firing valve. If possible too, open up the firing valve and take pictures. I can nearly guarantee that this problem is caused by the unique function of the CPS 1-3-5's valve.

Here's the few images I have seen: http://www.isoaker.com/Info/article.cfm ... nal_cps135

I believe the problem could be that the rubber seal on the end of the moving disc inside of the valve is loose. However, that is assuming that the CPS 1-3-5's valve works as I believe it does. I'm not seeing a way to open the valve that would not be permanent however, and I wouldn't recommend opening unless you have nothing to lose.

While you have your CPS 1-3-5 open, it would be a good idea to do the single nozzle modification too.

Let us know if you notice anything out of the ordinary when you open your CPS 1-3-5. If the firing pin is back too far to begin with, that would be the problem behind the firing when pumping (and is repairable with the rubber band repair). The first problem might just be how the CPS 1-3-5 works.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:53 pm

It sounds like you just need to do an "Open Trigger Valve Repair." I don't think the snappiness is related; if the CPS 1-3-5 uses a Max-D style valve, it'll make a sound anyway (though usually as you squeeze the trigger, not release it). Unfortunately, I don't know much about the CPS 1-3-5--it might just have to do with the special firing mechanism, as Ben said.

In my opinion, the CPS 1-3-5 single-nozzle mod isn't that great. It seems like everybody gets way too excited in fire- (well, water gun-) fights and squeezes the trigger as hard as possible, releasing 5 shots and wasting water. You'd probably be better off either lightly touching the trigger or doing a special mod that makes all the stream more parallel and effective. That would be much more like a shotgun than what it currently is like...

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:05 pm

Ok, looking at the trigger mechanism, it's operation is 100% clear to me.

However, I cannot suggest why you are experincing these problems.

More information/pictures would be helpful.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:22 am

Sorry for the lack of information. I haven't gotten a better screwdriver to get those stubborn screws out and I don't have a camera. :mad:

Plus, after I'm done with the repairs I'll be modding it. So from those images I can't really tell where the pressure release valve is. I'm guessing it's closest to the tank but I really can't tell.
Last edited by Lt.Winters on Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty