water gun\ballon

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
cps zer0

water gun\ballon

Post by cps zer0 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:46 pm

if you took a ballon and connected it to a ball pump with a tube you could pump up the ballon and it would explode.
armory: 3 aph's 2 max d 3000's 1 supercannon2 1 cps 2 xp 215's and a cheap pr gun

aEx155

Re: water gun\ballon

Post by aEx155 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:19 pm

No offense, but what purpose does this serve exactly? Of course a balloon will explode if it's pumped up.

If you're thinking of somehow using this (by making the balloon explode near someone), you're likely to get hit before anything can happen.

I'd have to say the only interesting part (to me) is what a ball pump is...

Once again, no offense, but that's really pointless. Sorry.

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:41 pm

I presume by ball pump he means football pump. Basically the same as a bike pump.

Air pumps are generally ideal for pumping water. Exploding an air balloon isn't likely to have any effect beyond a brief scare/distraction. If you really want such an effect (maybe part of some odd tactic) I'd say those attack alarms would be better.

If you have a water pump and you overpump a water balloon, then yes, it should blow. I'm not sure how the blast radius would compare to the usual break-on-impact.

I suppose if you put it at the end of a long enough hose, you'd have a crude remote control bomb. But to be honest I reckon you'd be better attaching a nozzle.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

cps zer0

Post by cps zer0 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:22 pm

sorry i forgot to say that you would fill it up with water. its basicly a water ballon that you can detinate.
armory: 3 aph's 2 max d 3000's 1 supercannon2 1 cps 2 xp 215's and a cheap pr gun

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:43 pm

Unless you can suddenly push a lot of high pressure air into the balloon, a popping water balloon will not cover much area, pretty much only soaking the area beneath it. If you are applying a lot of pressurized gas to really make the water "explode", even if you could do so safely, there just wouldn't be enough water in a typical balloon to do much soaking once it spreads out. Moreover, if you're applying that much force, you run the risk of creating a real explosion and sending other debris flying out at unsafe speeds.

Works in dreams, but not in reality.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

aEx155

Post by aEx155 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:05 am

A detonate-able balloon? Probably only useful in "lots of people are under something holding a lot of water let's dump it on them" situation. You could probably make some kind of bucket with a dropout bottom, which probably would be more reliable...