Splashzooka pressure gauge mod

Threads about water gun modifications.
JLspacemarine

Splashzooka pressure gauge mod

Post by JLspacemarine » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:30 am

I know that this mod is very simple, but since I never saw it on SSCentral, I thought it would be nice to post it in our forums. I only had to recreate on my splashzooka a pressure gauge on the PC, just like any other cylindrical PC CPS water gun (I had the idea when I saw the CPS 2000's internals). I know that the splaszooka's PC case is already transparent so some would probably think it don't need to have a pressure gauge, but It is easy to overestimate it's water capacity, and with this mod yo can see exactly how much water is remaining in the gun. So this is how I've made the pressure gauge on my water gun.

First I opened the gun and I removed the splaszooka's PC from it's green case:

To make a red line that will make the pressure gauge I cut a thin cardboard stripe from a cardboard box and fixed it on the PC with some trensparent tape. Notice that is preferable to place it like on the pictures, so you can see the red gauge even when the gun is fully loaded:

I closed the gun after the red gauge was placed to make the rest of the pressure gauge on the green PC case. I used some duct Tape to mark where the red gauge is when the gun is empty and when full. Now I know how long the pressure gauge is supposed to be. And to place some precision markers I used duct tape and numbers/letters stickers (Stickers from VHS video tapes) to recreate the usual styling of a supersoaker pressure gauge.(empty,¼,½,¾,full)

To make the pressure gauge more water proof I added some transparent tape over it, so it won't go off during a water war.
Last edited by JLspacemarine on Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armory: AS Hydroblitz (x2), MI FlashFlood, STE TripleShot, XP Backfire, XP 215, XP 105, XXP 175, Big Bottle BLaster(x2), SC Power Pak, SpeedLoader1000, SpeedLoader 1500, SpeedLoader Double-Cross 3000, CPS Splashzooka (x2), CPS 1200, CPS 1500,CPS 2100, CPS 2000 Mk2, CPS 1-3-5

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:01 pm

This is a perfect example of how a simple mod can prove incredibly useful. And on a sidenote, you might want to change the description in post #1 to read empty,1/4,1/2,3/4,full instead of full,1/4,1/2,3/4,empty. Of course that's just me being picky...

The only suggestion I have is to perhaps measure the total shot time and then see where the orange marker goes at the various gauge measurements. The intervals probably aren't even because the bladder expands in three dimensions, not just in one. Thus, those fraction markings might have to read different numbers instead.

Anyway, that's an excellent modification! Hopefully it will be done by others who have a hard time seeing how much is left.

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:29 pm

Missed this thread.

I like this mod a lot. Very simple, but nicely done and quite useful. Makes one wonder why Hasbro didn't put a gauge onto the Splashzooka in the first place!

Good job!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::