Is this a good base?

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Mutton

Post by Mutton » Sun May 29, 2005 12:56 am

:( I have made a fort by digging a trench an putting sand bags in front and a palisade wall in the back. It also has camo netting stretched across the top and about 30 water bottles for refilling purposes
I'm from Scotland and I like Haggis!

death angel

Post by death angel » Sun May 29, 2005 1:15 am

Um............I think this topic is supposed to be in Wars, (At 88 posts, I finally got the hang of placing topics where they're supposed to be.) :P
On Topic: Sounds like a good base, but does it have a good way to get out? You don't want it to be completely sealed, as then it will be a definite death trap for you. (Believe me, it has happened to me a lot.) Also, how big is it? How men will be holding the base? Is there a faucet or hose? Only by providing us with more specifics can we give you advice. :mellow:
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 29, 2005 1:19 am

I think it sounds good, but if you could take some pictures, that would be the best way to find out. And yes, this should be moved to Wars. <--->
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Mutton

Post by Mutton » Sun May 29, 2005 1:42 am

:( whoops, I can't take any pictures. It has two good escape routes and no faucets. The trench is also about 4 feet deep and 12 feet long. I also have 2 watch towers.

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Sun May 29, 2005 1:44 am

I've got a bunker-type thing like that.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Mon May 30, 2005 3:44 pm

'Rollin onto wars. From your description, it sounds well built. If you have no hose, make sure you have provisions and munitions ready for any type of seiges, etc. :)

Mutton

Post by Mutton » Tue May 31, 2005 6:16 pm

I have a spare XP 270 up there and I'm going to see if I can find a hose.
:D

cosineandcamber

Post by cosineandcamber » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:00 am

is the bunker covered by anything other than camo netting over it? Someone could just through a water balloon into the bunker or spray it with an arcing shot.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:43 pm

My personal belief is: If you have to ask whether it's good enough, it probably isn't.

The descriptions given are much more optimistic than that though.
It sounds good, but the lack of hose could be a problem. Do you have any QFD/QFD-only guns? If so, I would look into a hose, or a pressurized source in the base. (it's easy enough - just hook a tank up to a hose, making sure that air can't escape, and then pump a bit more air in, and hey presto, porta-hose) - I'm looking at the idea of creating a variant of this that pipes the pressurized air into a water balloon launcher PC, saving on pumping.

If I were building a base, I wouldn't go as far as that, but I would try to ensure the existence of an infinite supply.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston