Flash Flood: Any Warnings?

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
strato_2r5

Flash Flood: Any Warnings?

Post by strato_2r5 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:06 am

Okay, so I epicly failed by buying an Overload. I want a good blaster that's compatible with the pack the Overload came with. All of my friends have Arctic Blasts so I'm thinking about getting a Flash Flood. Any comments? What was that about the reservoir caving in and the trigger breaking?
Sorry if I'm not active much, busy on another forum and another project non-soaker related.

C-A_99

Re: Flash Flood: Any Warnings?

Post by C-A_99 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:43 am

The reservoir shouldn't have any issues caving in; mine did slightly because I stuffed it into a backpack one time, leaving a lot of weight on it for a long time. The quick-fill cap is generally very good about letting enough air in. Of course, with that said, I never used an aquapack so I'm not sure how well it'll handle that.

The AB may be easier/cheaper to find than the FF, though now both blasters are out of production so they may end up being of the same cost and availability. The triggers will likely break or have issues with high usage. Most common breakage is the spring snapping apart on the lower trigger (if there's rust), but that can be repaired with rubber bands and some thin wire. For the top trigger, it should be fine for the most part, but over time the valve will need lubrication. Use a plastic and rubber safe lubricant, such as silicone spray or grease. I like the spray better as the grease seems to go bad over time; not sure completely though, and the guy at the hardware store recommended the grease.

cantab

Post by cantab » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:59 pm

The Flash Flood reservoir collapsing problem was only when using an Aquapack. Both Flash Flood and Arctic Blast are somewhat liable to have their triggers break.

The Arctic Blast has been rebranded as the Iron Man blaster, in a red and orange colour scheme, and is part of the current lineup so should be easier to find. Of course, knowing Hasbro its performance may have been nerfed. (Pun entirely intentional.)
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

strato_2r5

Post by strato_2r5 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:04 pm

Does the reservoir issue deal with the Devastator's, Bandolier, or the Overload's?

Off topic: My title mIght be a bit misleading. The title sounds like there's gonna be a flood. :eek:

Update: WTF? A Flash Flood is going for $99 on Amazon. Can they do that?
Last edited by strato_2r5 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry if I'm not active much, busy on another forum and another project non-soaker related.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:40 pm

^ They can put it up for $99,999 for all I care. It wouldn't make a difference at all from $99 because no sane individual would buy one at either price.

Cantab, is the Iron Man still around? I only saw their new blasters last time I was in stores; no Max-D's and no Iron Man. I'll have to check again sometime. Also, its very well worth noting that the Iron Man ditched the Max-D trigger, though still uses Max-D for the riot blast. (However, the larger spring used on the riot blast seems to be far more reliable than the one on the main trigger.) I know this because I've seen the Iron Man in stores and tried out the triggers on several of them. Its surprising that Hasbro would care to improve it, though this could also be just another attempt to cut costs. (Just like how they cut corners on the Point Break by using a pinch valve instead of pull or ball.)

strato_2r5

Post by strato_2r5 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:54 pm

By aqua pack do you mean the 50 oz. One or all backpacks in general, like the Overload's

cantab

Post by cantab » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:16 pm

C-A_99 wrote:Cantab, is the Iron Man still around?
Don't know about in stores, but it's still on Hasbro's website, which I take as meaning it's in some sense current.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier: