My Flash Flood Spews...Seriously

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Gold Hawk

My Flash Flood Spews...Seriously

Post by Gold Hawk » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:39 pm

My Flash Flood spews like a 14-month old child.

When I pump it, water comes...(couldn't think of a better word to describe it)...'blurping' out of the Flood nozzle.

And when I shoot water out of the regular nozzle, it shoots about 5 feet, then sputters and stops.

My guess is that a valve or something is loose. I opened it up yesterday, and I couldn't find anything wrong. I even sawed open the pressure chamber, and everything seemed okay in there.

This says it all: :confused:

-Gold
"Missing isn't the worst part. The retaliation is." -Gold Hawk

"Exsisto validus, fortis aequora." -Motto of the HydroHawks Soaker Assault Squad

isoaker_com

Re: My Flash Flood Spews...Seriously

Post by isoaker_com » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:02 pm

How are you able to shoot out of the normal nozzle if your Flash Flood is blurping when pumping?
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:59 pm

Open your water gun and look for the leak.

Although it sounds like the Flash Flood is shooting even when you don't press the trigger...in that case, you've definitely got a spraying problem or a trigger valve that refuses to close.

Gold Hawk

Post by Gold Hawk » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:20 pm

isoaker_com wrote:How are you able to shoot out of the normal nozzle if your Flash Flood is blurping when pumping?
It just does.

And to Silent, I think it's the latter problem.

-Gold

"Exsisto validus, fortis aequora." -Motto of the HydroHawks Soaker Assault Squad

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:41 pm

Sounds to me the like the very common leaking from the nozzle problem. With the Flash Flood, it either could be that the valve isn't closing completely because the spring has gone bad or that the Flash Flood trigger itself is out of alignment and makes it slightly open. The problem most likely is the first one I mentioned as SilentGuy said.

The valve might be partially open and have some bit of a seal, so you can get a little bit of pressurization, but most of it leaks out. That sounds like what's happening.

In the future, check the repairs section first. This is the #1 most common problem with water guns and it's the first page listed on our repairs section. If you have any questions or problems not list there, be sure to let us know at the forum. ;)

sbell25

Post by sbell25 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:18 am

Another reason that Max-D valves don't close completely is because they lose lubrication. You can remedy this by spraying silicon spray down the nozzle onto the valve.

I've found that it always worked on my Water Warriors guns when their valves didn't close properly. However, it didn't always work on my Max-D Super Soakers.

Also, different brands of silicon spray behave very differently. WD-40 brand silicon spray is rubbish, it just makes the problem worse and is messy. CRC silicon spray is what I always use, and it works very well.

Remember, this might not be your problem, so silicon spray might not be the solution. Just warning you in case you buy some and it doesn't work (this happened to another member once). However if you've got some lying around, then it's worth a shot.

Gold Hawk

Post by Gold Hawk » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:10 pm

Ben wrote:Sounds to me the like the very common leaking from the nozzle problem. With the Flash Flood, it either could be that the valve isn't closing completely because the spring has gone bad or that the Flash Flood trigger itself is out of alignment and makes it slightly open. The problem most likely is the first one I mentioned as SilentGuy said.

The valve might be partially open and have some bit of a seal, so you can get a little bit of pressurization, but most of it leaks out. That sounds like what's happening.

In the future, check the repairs section first. This is the #1 most common problem with water guns and it's the first page listed on our repairs section. If you have any questions or problems not list there, be sure to let us know at the forum. ;)
I looked at that before I posted this topic, and it didn't sound like my problem.

You know, I call this "Flash Flood Syndrome". :p

-Gold