Few watergun war questions

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
lilGhost

Few watergun war questions

Post by lilGhost » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:03 pm

i have a few questions about watergun wars, mostly because i have only done wars on my block

1) do people wear camo to watergun wars, because i think that is over the top
2) does camoflague have any extra tactical purposes
3) what is a good way to initiate one, because i can only call my friends and i dont know if i should invite my neighbours in
4) there do u guys have watergun wars, in a park or something, or do u ret out a paintball field

4a) if you rent out a paintball field or use a park, can you tell me some good places in Vancouver, B.C (only for vancouver people)

I hope you can answer my questions

DX

Post by DX » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:22 am

do people wear camo to watergun wars, because i think that is over the top

Some teams do. Most people who wear camo do so because they think it looks cool, the rest actually use it to blend in with reeds and other vegetation. Depends on how far you want to take water wars. The casual soakfest, the military war, or somewhere in between. Camo should only be used if you are going military style.
does camoflague have any extra tactical purposes

Extremely so. Camo makes perfect ambushes a reality. Again, only if you are taking water wars hardcore out in the woods. When the wars are more casual, camo does nothing.
what is a good way to initiate one, because i can only call my friends and i don't know if i should invite my neighbours in

Again, depends on the level, or caliber, of your planned wars. For casual soaking, just call up friends/neighbors on a hot summer day. For more in depth wars, tech items, such as pnuematic water balloon launchers, attract members, often friends. At that level, you would want to advertise the wars like paintball or other more serious hobby.
there do u guys have watergun wars, in a park or something, or do u ret out a paintball field

No one I know would even want to rent out a paintball field. The public parks my team fights in are a million times better. Many people fight suburban or urban, using houses, streets, and alleys. I personally prefer the deep woods, since there is more opportunity for strategy, tactics, and serious play without cheap man-made shields, hoses, and the such.
if you rent out a paintball field or use a park, can you tell me some good places in Vancouver, B.C (only for vancouver people)

If you want to fight in a wooded area, don't rent out a place, use some public park or conservation land. Those areas are more natural, more challenging, and larger. Plus, they are free and you choose the rules, boundaries, etc. Sorry that I can't help you with actual locations, since I live on the opposite coast of the continent. :p

Hope some of that helped. Decide on how far you are taking your wars before starting to make teams or hosting the water fights. :cool:
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:50 am

Camoflage has massive advantages.

When in camo, I've actually hidden myself so well on occasions that people have walked on me.

If being that unseen for war isn't good then tell me.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston