is it fair?

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
soaking_mayhem

is it fair?

Post by soaking_mayhem » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:26 pm

me and my two brothers were having a water fight. and his freind came alont with a supersoaker cannon. we only had rifles. but, whilee we were playing the things blast away. but, in a game are u allowed to run to the other teams base. like socom on ps2 or psp? lol

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:33 pm

Would you please explain a few things?

When you say:
rifle
Soaker cannon

What exactly do you mean?

In a game - it depends on what rules you have set down before the war. There are no hard and fast rules for any soaker war.

Unless you agreed no runs to the enemy base/no sabotage, then yes, you can run.

If they complain, then insist that rules are laid down.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

soaking_mayhem

ds

Post by soaking_mayhem » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:44 pm

like cannon. its like a new soaker they released. and rifle i mean like a regular soaker.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:49 pm

There is no really large water gun just recently released. Would you mind identifying the type of water gun so we can get an idea of what exactly you mean? Try iSoaker.com, our reviews section for some older blasters, or SuperSoaker.com.

Anyone else just notice that we're #10 for super soaker in Google? :)

soaking_mayhem

nah

Post by soaking_mayhem » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:09 pm

nah. its not really big. medium. its a regular gun and if u pump enough it shoots alot out of the top. it takes at least a half a tank

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:15 pm

Was it like:

http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/soaker_s ... flashflood

That's really not a vary major soaker.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

soaking_mayhem

yes

Post by soaking_mayhem » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:19 pm

yes thats it. exactly it. and do you know like. whats the rules for a soaker war?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:22 pm

soaking_mayhem, do you realize that you must be 13 to use this forum? I'll let it slide since you turn 13 in a day. We have those rules for a reason however.

You also choose the rules for your water fight. There are no "official" rules.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:26 pm

There are "semi-offical" rules that online forums half-agree on.

However, it's not like soccer (must remember that americans call it soccer, not football) or baseball - these rules are in no way enforced or required to make something fun/usable.

It also depends on what the soaker war is:

1HK lives
1HK elimination
1HK CTF
Soakfest
Soakfest CTF
etc.

What are you going for?

soaking_mayhem

hmm

Post by soaking_mayhem » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:44 pm

im new. so what is the one where i make teams at two bases. and they must like wet the other person. like paintball

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:46 pm

First of all, as others have said, the Flash Flood isn't the best soaker--just stay away a bit, and you'll be out of range of the special nozzle, which really isn't that good.

I'm assuming you're referring to paintball in which you're out when you get hit once--that's 1HK/OHK (for 1/One Hit Kill). In 1HK Elimination, you're out for the rest of the game; in Lives, you return after visiting a base or something. CTF (Capture the Flag) involves you grabbing the enemy flag and bringing it to your base. Soakfest is the opposite of 1HK--you soak the others as much as possible. There are also other types of hit-detection--there's the RM's and Waterbridge's fist-size thing (where the water mark has to be at least the size of a fist); you can be required to soak a shirt completely or blow off a toilet-paper marker; etc. I believe you're referring to 1HK (Soakfest in paintball would be bad) Elimination, but it might be a different type of 1HK.

Could you please clean up your grammar a bit? Water gun forums are pretty good in general, so let's try to keep it that way. Thanks!

soaking_mayhem

thx

Post by soaking_mayhem » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:35 pm

thx everyone. and btw i turned 13 today. :) i had a huge war

soaking_mayhem

daf

Post by soaking_mayhem » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:00 pm

how do u freeze a valve on a max-d 5000? or do what ever to make it better

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:07 pm

This is my second "warning" in the same thread: Please clean up your grammar! The rest of us are doing our best to adhere to the SSC rules, and you should do the same. And yes, I'm being serious :mad: ...

Actually, I was going to compose a complete reply to your question, but then I realized that you had created two threads in the Modifications subforum, and one of them has been closed appropriately due to redundancy. Please use the still-active one. Sorry about being so mean, but you're not going to get any more help from multiple topics than you are from a single one that's actually in the appropriate forum. It's better for you and us...

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:21 pm

Having Flash Flood in one sentence with Supercannon simply isn't right. It has the smallest PC in the CPS soaker world, with the SC500 having even a bit bigger of a PC. With newcomers thinking of crapy soakers as ultimate weapons, its no wonder why Hasbro can get away selling sub-standard stuff.