Does anybody use military issue equipment in water wars?

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Monsoon

Does anybody use military issue equipment in water wars?

Post by Monsoon » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:52 pm

The title is self-explainatory. List and describe what you use if you have any.

I own a CADPAD rucksack, and bought a military-issue canteen with a waterproof nylon cover. I'm trying to find a sizeable BDU (also for cadet survival training exercises). I'm looking at getting some German flektarn camo, it seems to blend in really well with my area's foliage.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:05 pm

I use full BDU's, a helmet (sometimes), High grade OD knee pads, and a bunch of misc. other stuff.

Viscen Django

Post by Viscen Django » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:48 pm

I normally use an old-model Army BDU jacket that dates back to the Korean War. I like to pull it over my head and use it as a makeshift shield in a fight. I also sometimes wear Army standard-issue camo paint and LBEs.

Note:

LBE: Load Bearing Equipment

-\\-Hraesvelgr-//- Sivayth Prioritus

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:36 pm

Well, military equipment doesn't really fit with water wars.

In water wars, camo can prove useful, but a face shield is more important.

I am an Army Cadet, so I know a lot of the field signals and procedures, but these aren't much good unless your team-mates know them as well. I would be unlikely to use very much of the kit I have used for a water war.

A lot of the time, standard civillian kit is just as useful, and possibly more so.

I might get a set of personal webbing for use in water fights, but beyond this water wars are not ideal candidates for military equipment.

As far as I can tell the limits are:
Webbing (probably the best piece of kit for use in water wars)
Suitable Camo
Cam cream/paint

Beyond this military equipment can be seen to be excessive civillian kit.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston