I Need Defence Pls

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Lizard

Post by Lizard » Mon May 24, 2004 3:27 pm

I was in this major water fight dude and I got like totally soaked like any ideas for an awesome defence
Attachments
Winter.jpg
Winter.jpg (103.07 KiB) Viewed 1721 times

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Mon May 24, 2004 6:33 pm

Try using punctuation's please. ;)

Personal Defense: Sheilds, a large RubberMaid tub lid with a strap on the back. Really handy.

Base Defense: Get a good base, one with large, high walls will be great. Or if you can, get a treehouse and drop water balloons from it.
I don't check this forum anymore.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon May 24, 2004 9:14 pm

Well, first tell us your situation. Theres not much we can tell you other than what Racer said when we don't know that.

Also, don't use the attachment system when it has nothing to do with the topic. There's a reason we have 20 megs of space left. It's because all our space is being used by attachments.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Mon May 24, 2004 11:20 pm

Yeah, that picture is just from the Windows XP sample pictures, Hey, that's funny. why would you put that in.

About sheilds, I find that a large rubermaid sheild really limits my mobility. I use a small sircular buckler with a 1.5' Diameter. However, I always give one squadmember my huge sheild. However after 5 battles its starting to disinergrate. Its made out of cardboard covered in tarp. Sometimes it gets shot from behind and the wet cardboard curls. However it is so big it acts as an extreamly fast squad base.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

sharkatron

Post by sharkatron » Sun May 30, 2004 2:13 am

One thing I use for base defence is a sprinkler hose. It shoots water up about 4 feet and will get anybody really wet. Just make sure the hose that goes to it is from inside your base, other wise your opponents may turn off or kink the hose before attacking.
If it shoots a lot of water really far, I like it.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sun May 30, 2004 8:56 pm

Also use some common sense. DOn't g running into their stream if your gun has less range. Try to sneak around and hit them from behind, or at a higher elivation.
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun May 30, 2004 11:28 pm

Originally posted by sharkatron@May 29 2004, 09:13 PM
One thing I use for base defence is a sprinkler hose. It shoots water up about 4 feet and will get anybody really wet. Just make sure the hose that goes to it is from inside your base, other wise your opponents may turn off or kink the hose before attacking.
Those sprinklers that go TSK! have a fairly long range and work really good as base defense. I'm not sure if that's what you were talking about, all you said was it shoots up 4 feet, but in my experience they work good.

sharkatron

Post by sharkatron » Mon May 31, 2004 2:11 am

a sprinkler is good too, but a sprinkler hose is a 10 foot hose with small holes in them, which shoot the water. They are not supposed to move but you ALWAYS will get wet going through one. you can get them for about $10 at most garden or home improvment shops.
If it shoots a lot of water really far, I like it.

Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Mon May 31, 2004 10:52 pm

I used a boogie board as a shield, but it was deemed unfair in a skirmish yesterday, so I had to develop tactics to fight without it. I really suggest wearing green or camo, and hiding in bushes, or behind logs. If you have a range disadvantage, try to draw your opponents into dense forests or something of the sort, because then there will be a lot of cover and it will be hard for someone with a big weapon to maneuver. Rnage advantages are also generally negated. I used all these tactics yesterday in a skirmish and they do work.

A note about ambushes, try to attack from the REAR. stay hidden until the enemy troops have passed, or do flank attacks. Particularly since you'll most likely have a tech disadvantage, stay away from head-on fighting. The only reason I would suggest you would meet them head on is to figure outwhat their tech is and how good they are.

Regarding the stream: if you have to cross it, try and cross directly into one of those dense areas I mentioned before. It will provide cover while you form up on the other side. Can you get a map?
Victory to Unit 1!