Gathland water war (formely 2009 DC water war)

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
SSCBen

Gathland water war (formely 2009 DC water war)

Post by SSCBen » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:45 am

When:

May 23 at about 10 am to 5 pm

Where:

Gathland State Park, which is located at the intersection of Gapland road and Arnoldstown road near Burkittsville, Maryland.

Note that the road is called Gapland road which is spelled differently from Gathland.

Photos of the park:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/gathlandstatepark/

Note that some areas (such as the ruins of Townsend's house) are off limits. Also, a very low traffic road runs through the center of the park and we will stay on one side to avoid being run over.

The terrain is a mixture of forest, open field, and structures. Generally the park is empty aside from resting hikers and the occasional Civil War buff.

Who:

Definite:

Ben + others
M4 + others

Maybe:

Games:

We will play multiple rounds of whatever people want to play.

Food:

As we plan to play nearly all day, you should bring your own food.

Potential complications:

While I know there is water available at the park in some form, I can't remember if it's a hose, a hand pump, a water fountain, or what. I've read pump online which says hand pump to me, which should be more than adequate. I'll check out the park before the war in case the water supply is inadequate. I extremely highly doubt that water supply is inadequate as my Boy Scout troop had a water balloon catapult set up there once, but I acknowledge that it's a possibility.

To help recap and advertise for the next time we like people to bring cameras and video equipment.
Last edited by SSCBen on Sun May 03, 2009 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Re: 2009 DC water war

Post by Silence » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:13 am

Just noticed you'd updated the dates. You might also want to put this in the news forum, if only because we haven't had any announcements for a while. :)

I'll be in town on May 10 for a quiz bowl tournament, but the schedule for that is frozen. Even beyond that that, I don't think I'll be able to go this year.

SSCBen

Re: 2009 DC water war

Post by SSCBen » Sun May 03, 2009 9:07 pm

I've updated the original posts with more detailed specifics of the war.