Water War Tournament

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
DX

Water War Tournament

Post by DX » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:45 am

We are hosting a Water War Tournament in addition to the Northeastern Regional War. An update for those who read the ISCF thread: the event will be free, forget the $5. That means we will think of something other than a cash prize. Perhaps T-shirts, a trophy, a gun, IDK. We'll think of something.

Basically, teams of 4-5 will face off in 1HK Elimination brackets. They will fight other teams until an overall winner emerges. The 4-5 limit is because we don't expect teams larger than that. There will be time limits and a pair of refs, who will travel with each team and moderate the kill exchanges. I've found a way for the refs to do their job without giving away positions and the such, so don't worry about that.

As for the date, it will either be in July or August. The Tournament and Regional War will be in different months, but we have yet to decide on the exact dates and which will come first.

I am drafting a rules set, and a few rules have been posted by Nibordude. Both events are open to all forms of weaponry of any power level. Electricity is not available, nor are hoses, nor are any devices relying on hoses. We have no "clean water" rule, but you still must shoot only water. Additives can be brought for fun, but not for battle use. Oh, and forget shields. As for shield blasters, since I have guns which can blow the shields right off, I really couldn't care less. The Tournament and Regional War will both be fought in forested and semi-forested areas. Don't worry about ticks, this densly populated area has so many chemicals, fertilizers, and the such in the ground that ticks can't survive until you get into more open country. I've never seen one even in the thickest brush around here.

We are splitting the events so that if you miss one, there's a good chance that you can make the other. If you can make both, great. If you can't make either, there's next year [unless you're too far away].
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!