Watergun Help - Glue?

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
Neongreen

Watergun Help - Glue?

Post by Neongreen » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:47 am

I'm building a seriously basic gun(first attempt :) ) and, I need something that can glue/seal hosepipe to metal, and rubber to metal. It's going to be under some pressure, about twice the pressure that comes out of your tap(which is quite high, surprisingly enough).

Any ideas?

Edit: Capitalized an I - before Ben catches me. ;) .
Last edited by Neongreen on Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:16 pm

What are you trying to do? I don't think that glue would be the thing to do that stuff. It appears that you are trying to attach different types of tube to metal pipe. There's things called tubing barbs and tubing clamps to do that.

I'll get a picture later today if Google image search doesn't help you. ;)

josh10110

Post by josh10110 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:54 am

i think the best option would be duct tape
i use it and i've never had a problem

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:23 pm

Welcome to Super Soaker Central! Please use complete sentences, punctuation, capitalization, etc. I really don't like posts like that, and soon our new rules will be out as well as the spell check and short form, so the best time to clean up is now.

Duct tapes doesn't seal well under pressure. Sorry, but that would leak like mad and sounds just plain silly to most of us.

I've talked to Neongreen on AIM, and he's solved his problem with a strong glue. Apparently in New Zealand that's how they do it, though I would trust tubing clamps more.

Neongreen

Post by Neongreen » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:23 pm

I've actually given up on the super strong glue. I designed another method which is even better. ;)